Wireless Rental Charges for ResMed S10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Reidan

Wireless Rental Charges for ResMed S10

Post by Reidan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Hello CPAP Talk Forum. Long Time No Posting from me!

My ResMed S9 was still running fine, but have had a message on the display for awhile now telling me that my motor was end of life due to hours of usage. I let it go another 6 months, maybe more. But, knew I was tempting fate and it could fail suddenly. So last Thursday I placed an order for a S10 Autoset replacement. It has arrived.

I see that the cellular radio is active. I have received an email from cpap.com informing me that I would need to use another company for the service as they themselves do not provide this service. Is there a list of providers for this service? What is an average cost?

If I insert an SD card for local data logging, will I capture all the same data transmitted via the cellular radio? Will I get constantly nagged on the screen on the S10 telling me I need to register for cellular service?

Thanks

greatunclebill

Re: Wireless Rental Charges for ResMed S10

Post by greatunclebill » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 pm

you can go to myair.resmed.com and set up my air yourself. you are the only one that will see it. it is a service provided free from resmed. if you want to make it so your doctor can see it, good luck. it is free from resmed so the dme can't charge you for it. the one i deal with will not set it up because they did not sell you the machine.

you should put an sd card in. if your doc wants to see your data you can bring him the card.

Last edited by greatunclebill on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First diagnosed 1990
please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Reidan wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:27 pm
Is there a list of providers for this service?
Why do you think you need it?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:21 pm

FYI: "S10" looks a lot like $10.
Cute.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm

The purpose of the cellular wireless is to transmit compliance data for insurance payment. Since CPAP.com does not bill your insurer, it's not their responsibility to document compliance. And if you bought the unit outright with your own money and don't expect insurance reimbursement, there's no need to report compliance to anyone.

IF your doctor is remotely interested in your data, you can capture it on an SD card and run it through sleepyhead to provide printouts (or some doctors have the ResMed software to read your data). Most doctors aren't interested in efficacy data, and only report compliance data if they have to so your insurer will pay for the machine or to document DOT compliance if you are a commercial driver. Some rare doctors ARE interested in efficacy data and may be connected to the system, when that's the case they may want your data transmitted wirelessly so that they can help you find optimal settings. But that is unusual. Most feel their job is done when they have written the Rx and documented compliance if necessary.

If you want to use My Air, then you need to transmit the data, but you'll get much more robust data on Sleepyhead or Oscar without transmitting your data to ResMed.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Since you have an Autoset, simply set "Essentials" to "plus",
and see more on the screen than MyAir will ever show.
Oscar use is entirely optional, but if you were happy with MyAir,
you can get more on the screen with less trouble.

Reidan

Post by Reidan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 am

If I can get by with the SD card, I am happy to do that. And no, my doc has never asked to review my data. Just asks if I am using it and do I ever wake up with migraines anymore.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Reidan wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 am
If I can get by with the SD card, I am happy to do that. And no, my doc has never asked to review my data. Just asks if I am using it and do I ever wake up with migraines anymore.
And I hope the answer is "No."
:mrgreen: