Cpap alarm

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
5peytonplace106

Re: Cpap alarm

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:18 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 pm
5peytonplace106 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:29 am
Not yet. This is the second night with less than 4 hours of sleep. My husband recorded the sounds. I believe its because the pressure is too high and the mask has too much air coming in.

I am ready to call my doctor and ask him to reset the pap back to default settings when I first started on this machine until I can see him next month.
if you're having mask leaks because your mask isn't fitted properly, try using the mask fit setting on the machine to get the mask adjusted properly, and/or get/make some 'mask liners' that will tame the leaks. Karen over on padacheek.com (not a sponsor) makes the best ones.
ResMed report shows lots of leaks, but the pap screen has a happy face. 47L/min, 3.52 hour use.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Well, I'd try the liners anyhow, not a big fan of happy/sad faces. :roll:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Mr Smiley/Happy face on the LCD screen sleep report it the morning shows up until you have more than 30% of the night above 24L/min leak.

The thing is...if it is the leak that you are hearing because it is massive...it might not be lasting long enough to make it over 30% of the night. Don't know what is going on without seeing the leak reports...OSCAR.

You could still be having mask seal/leak issues being the culprit behind whatever noise you are hearing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SummerTime

Post by SummerTime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:07 am

loggerhead12 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:59 am

It was my wife's freaking essential oil diffuser's low-water alarm, which by the grace of God finally beeped while I was right next to it one morning. It's no longer with us.

There went three weeks of good sleep I'll never get back.

I'm so sorry this happened. But, I really appreciate your sense of humor. I had a good laugh!
Resmed AirSense 10 Auto For Her
Masks: N30 - P10

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:50 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:37 pm
Mr Smiley/Happy face on the LCD screen sleep report it the morning shows up until you have more than 30% of the night above 24L/min leak.

The thing is...if it is the leak that you are hearing because it is massive...it might not be lasting long enough to make it over 30% of the night. Don't know what is going on without seeing the leak reports...OSCAR.

You could still be having mask seal/leak issues being the culprit behind whatever noise you are hearing.
Last night I used a new AirFit F20 for the first time. I did a mask check and it was ok. Then I did a test to try and figure out what was going on. After the ramp time, the machine started making the noise. Every time I breathed out it started and stopped when I breathed in. The pressure of the air at 10cm was causing the silicone to vibrate loudly inside the mask. I realized that was the problem. At bedtime I reduced the pressure to 8cm and the vibration only happened once. Unfortunately my flash card was not in my machine so I have nothing to show you. Later today I will be reading the information links you sent me so I can understand how to send a screen shot of a prior Oscar report.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:36 am

Okay....now we know it is some sort of leak problem from mask fit once ramp is over with.
That gives us a starting point on working it out. It's a start.

Get online and google mask fit videos to watch and see if there are some hints on fitting the mask.
Unfortunately I have zero experience with the subtle things to do with fitting any full face mask because I don't use that kind of mask.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:36 am
Okay....now we know it is some sort of leak problem from mask fit once ramp is over with.
That gives us a starting point on working it out. It's a start.

Get online and google mask fit videos to watch and see if there are some hints on fitting the mask.
Unfortunately I have zero experience with the subtle things to do with fitting any full face mask because I don't use that kind of mask.
Mask fitting needs to be done with real world needs, (At the pressure you spend most of the night at, and if possible in the sleeping position you use.) (Never with the Ramp) Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:06 am

Goofproof wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 am
Mask fitting needs to be done with real world needs, (At the pressure you spend most of the night at, and if possible in the sleeping position you use.) (Never with the Ramp
To be clear.....I never said to do the mask fitting while using ramp.
My comment about ramp was only to acknowledge that the problem happens after ramp is over with...
up until now we didn't know when the problem started...or what the problem was and at least now we know it starts after ramp and it's a mask issue. Starting point for trouble shooting.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 am
Mask fitting needs ...
To be done with the mask fit menu selection.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.