Brand new resmed 10, can't connect to wireless in Canada

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dog Slobber

Re: Brand new resmed 10, can't connect to wireless in Canada

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Your device is new, made in 2021, so not a concern about you buying older unit.

Potential causes:
  • No Telus 4G coverage in your area. In Canada, Telus is the provider for ResMed Connectivity (at least it was for 3G and CDMA). I had always thought that it would connect to other providers though as people who have travelled internationally, have commented that they have had connectivity.
  • This is a device that was target for another market. But same as previous point, others have commented when travelling they have had connectivity
  • Modem disconnected or broken, they can be disconnected by opening them. But I can't think of a reason why it would ship that way.
Having said that, there is no way for the end user to change service providers. No big loss as OSCAR is the way to go anyway.

Eduhallal

Post by Eduhallal » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:10 pm
Your device is new, made in 2021, so not a concern about you buying older unit.

Potential causes:
  • No Telus 4G coverage in your area. In Canada, Telus is the provider for ResMed Connectivity (at least it was for 3G and CDMA). I had always thought that it would connect to other providers though as people who have travelled internationally, have commented that they have had connectivity.
  • This is a device that was target for another market. But same as previous point, others have commented when travelling they have had connectivity
  • Modem disconnected or broken, they can be disconnected by opening them. But I can't think of a reason why it would ship that way.
Having said that, there is no way for the end user to change service providers. No big loss as OSCAR is the way to go anyway.
I believe this machine was intended for a different market, since some of the flyers came in german, and the languages available are like dutch, german, etc... Also we're in the middle of a big shortage (I am sure you know), so I'll just let it go and try to learn how to use OSCAR. I have tried learning sleepyhead before (this is my 2nd try at cpap) and found it hard to figure out the graphs and all, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out this time around. Thanks for your help

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Eduhallal wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm
so I'll just let it go and try to learn how to use OSCAR. I have tried learning sleepyhead before (this is my 2nd try at cpap) and found it hard to figure out the graphs and all, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out this time around.
when it comes time for you to learn about oscar, the best way (in my opinion) is to start a new thread and post charts along with your questions. the fabulous forum folk will be happy to go through what the charts mean, step by step.

myself, i've learned very little about oscar or sleepyhead. but i know i can rely on members to help out.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:30 am

your machine doesn't list a provider. it will never connect without a provider listed. see if you can get a dme to list a provider and then see what happens,

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Eduhallal

Post by Eduhallal » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:04 pm

greatunclebill wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:30 am
your machine doesn't list a provider. it will never connect without a provider listed. see if you can get a dme to list a provider and then see what happens,
I bought this from a website/company that is on the other end of the country, do you suggest I go to a local DME and ask them to list it ?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Eduhallal wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:04 pm
greatunclebill wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:30 am
I bought this from a website/company that is on the other end of the country, do you suggest I go to a local DME and ask them to list it ?
I have never seen a post, or evidence that a DME can alter anything other than what we can in the clinician menu.

DMEs don't have a reputation for accommodating requests to make changes to anything on a machine they didn't sell.

pholynyk

Post by pholynyk » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 am

Down between the two bar codes, my machine has both an Industry Canada and FCC id numbers.

Since yours is lacking both, it's pretty clear it wasn't intended for the North American market. It may not even be legal to sell or use such a device in either North American market.

But I'm just a simple-minded programmer, not a lawyer, so what do I know...

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:47 am

machines get to the end user with a provider name. if the dme can't change or add it, then it must be coming from the factory with a provider name. i guess it's possible that some machines meant for markets without my air capabilities come without a provider or even no modem. maybe call and discuss it with the seller. maybe they will change it out with one that has a provider name or explain why you got what you got.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990