Mouthguard for teeth grinding

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jlfinkels

Mouthguard for teeth grinding

Post by Jlfinkels » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:51 am

Has anyone tried the fit-at-home mouthguards to stop teeth grinding while asleep? My dentist made mouthguard is beginning to break up and rather than spend significant cash on another to only have it last a year, I thought I could try one of the online dental labs (Remi, Cheeky, ClearClub). Before taking a chance I was wondering if anyone in the zoo has tried one.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

klm49

Re: Mouthguard for teeth grinding

Post by klm49 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:14 am

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:51 am
Has anyone tried the fit-at-home mouthguards to stop teeth grinding while asleep? My dentist made mouthguard is beginning to break up and rather than spend significant cash on another to only have it last a year, I thought I could try one of the online dental labs (Remi, Cheeky, ClearClub). Before taking a chance I was wondering if anyone in the zoo has tried one.

I use one Wilson boil and bite mouth guard. They used to be $.99 at Walmart but are higher now.

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

nana of 3

Post by nana of 3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:06 pm

I just used a hockey mouth guard until I stopped grinding my teeth. My dentist was very happy, actually he was the one to tell me to get a hockey mouthguard.
Cheers
Nan

Resmed Airsence 10 autoset and Bleep Dreamport mask

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:01 am

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:51 am
I have a big issue with grinding my teeth while sleeping and I've been using a mouth guard (nighttime occlusal device), the same dentist made mouth guard, for 7 or 8 years now. I don't understand why yours would last such a short time. My guard, while discolored, is still in good shape. I take the guard in whenever I see my dentist (twice / year) for inspection and ultrasonic cleaning.

A couple of years ago we went on vacation for an entire month and stupid me forgot my mouth guard. I got one from Wally's and it worked ok. Not nearly as good a fit and my dentist made guard but it worked. It was of the type that you place in hot water to soften it up before biting down on the thing.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...