Zero G sleep position and sleep apnea questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FaethSilverwolf

Zero G sleep position and sleep apnea questions

Post by FaethSilverwolf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:00 pm

I recently read that if you have Positional Sleep Apnea Your supposed to sleep on your side. Here on the forums.

The first question I have is this:
Does everyone have "positional" Sleep Apnea or is there such thing as just sleep apnea?
If there is a difference how do you know if you have the Positional kind?

It kinda makes sense to me that everyone who has sleep apnea would have the positional part of it.

Now I about 6 months ago got a really nice adjustable bed and it has a Zero-G button on the remote. Which I researched and found in jist

Search Results:
"In short, it involves raising the head and knee line slightly above your heart, positioning the torso and legs so they form roughly a 120-degree angle. And yes, it draws inspiration from going into space! Just like our well-known friend memory foam, the “Zero-G” posture was invented by NASA.

Reduces Snoring and Eases Breathing
When you lay on your back, throat, and neck tissue can obstruct your airways. Elevating your upper body in the zero-g posture opens up your air passages for better breathing. The raised position could help alleviate multiple issues including asthma, sleep apnea, respiratory conditions, allergies, and even the occasional stuffy nose.

Additionally, if you or your partner’s snoring gets in the way of peaceful nights, this could be an excellent solution to a good night’s rest.
https://www.sleepadvisor.org/zero-gravi ... ffy%20nose."

Now, is this information accurate would putting yourself into a 120-degree angle to keep your airways open, or do I still have to be on my side?

Thanks for the help

Additional Comments: My pressure are 18.0 cmH2O
"May the Day find you at peace, and leave you with hope."
taken from Voyager season 2 Episode 22
Blessed Be
FaethSilverwolf

Julie

Re: Zero G sleep position and sleep apnea questions

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:28 pm

When someone's machine isn't working for 1-2 nights experts here suggest trying to sleep in a recliner, but it's not meant as a full time thing or cpaps wouldn't be worth using. And only a small number of people truly have positional apnea where they can just side sleep vs back sleeping and get away with either no cpap or only need low pressures. Everyone most definitely does not have pos. apnea at all. And if you want to check out how you're doing (in any position) download Oscar and get results for a couple of nights using your C- or Apap. That should give you an idea how you're doing when using it. But if you still have a copy of your actual sleep study, it should tell you how you slept (no mask on) in all positions, or maybe your MD has a copy. An ex-forum member did a scientific business together with his MD and hospital docs to find out that he had PA, but it was scientific and not just guessed at.

Link to his study - http://www.imagebam.com/image/a6af30164295734

And he wasn't trying to sell anyone new beds!

FaethSilverwolf

Re: Zero G sleep position and sleep apnea questions

Post by FaethSilverwolf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:57 pm

Thank you so much for the help. I saw an article on what happened if you vomited in your mask and that is where I came up with the questions. I think this was a big help.

Additional Comments: My pressure are 18.0 cmH2O
"May the Day find you at peace, and leave you with hope."
taken from Voyager season 2 Episode 22
Blessed Be
FaethSilverwolf