New CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
echoelmo4

New CPAP machine

Post by echoelmo4 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:46 am

Which one should I get. Not sure which one of these to purchase the Luna Or Resvent IBreeze S2. Any thoughts anyone. I currently have the ResMed and are unable to get another for about a year due to supply demand.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: New CPAP machine

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:40 am

Is your Resmed dead?
It is not uncommon for a Resmed to function for months,
or even years after the service message appears.
What year/MODEL Resmed are you currently using?
What are the RUN hours?
(Not therapy hours)
If possible, the Resmed is worth waiting for.
You will hate anything less--they are not all the same.
I would get a used Resmed before either of those--even new!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:12 am

echoelmo4 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:46 am
Which one should I get. Not sure which one of these to purchase the Luna Or Resvent IBreeze S2. Any thoughts anyone. I currently have the ResMed and are unable to get another for about a year due to supply demand.

Why are you wanting to purchase another machine? Are you using insurance or self-pay? Which country are you in?

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:22 am

You could also consider looking for a used ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. Try Second Wind, for example, or send a private message on this site to forum member LSAT, who sometimes has used machines for sale. (I got mine through him; everything went very smoothly.)

Do be sure you know the number of run hours on any used machine you buy.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

richac

Post by richac » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:55 am

I just got an ibreeze 20A through my insurance and so far I love it. I've had problem with the airsense 10 in the past because the algorithm for its z-waves would cause the mask to constantly shake on my face, I believe due ot the fact I have a very weak exhale. So after a couple exchanges I went through hell and high water demanding a dreamstation from my DME who thought I was nuts. But now that I think about it I wonder if the dreamstation was just garbage too and not sensitive because the autostart never worked right. Not to mention it was probably killing me the past 5 years according to the recall.

The Ibreeze algorithm seems great so far, the leak prevention is great. It has a mask fit option which was great. I use a Siesta Full face mask, and I miss the quick release feature of the F&P Simplus full maks but this mask seems to be working great with this machine. The simplus had a tendency to leak on me especially in the eyes when sleeping on my side. Only issue is WIFI is not approved in the USA so you have to plug the card into your pc to upload, no heated tube, and the humidifer tray has a plastic latch cover I'm afraid of breaking. Other then that I'm happy with it.

The problem with this industry is that most people don't have severe apnea, even more don't stick with therapy, so noone complains and these companies get away with everything. Investors aren't even interested and its not respected in the medical field. Take what people on here say with a grain of salt. They are not doctors and the actual doctors aren't much better. I personally don't care about looking at the detailed data on my pc because for me its all about how I feel. Knowing the basics is all I need. 0.4 ahi and my watch is saying I'm having good sleep which it hasn't done in months. lol I'm not using this thing to geek out. If I was you I would save the money on an overpriced and overhyped resmed device. I hope to see even more competition in the market and I hope to see more people using therapy because I do believe it is the future.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 pm

richac wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:55 am

The problem with this industry is that most people don't have severe apnea, even more don't stick with therapy, so noone complains and these companies get away with everything. Investors aren't even interested and its not respected in the medical field. Take what people on here say with a grain of salt. They are not doctors and the actual doctors aren't much better. I personally don't care about looking at the detailed data on my pc because for me its all about how I feel. Knowing the basics is all I need. 0.4 ahi and my watch is saying I'm having good sleep which it hasn't done in months. lol I'm not using this thing to geek out. If I was you I would save the money on an overpriced and overhyped resmed device. I hope to see even more competition in the market and I hope to see more people using therapy because I do believe it is the future.

no one here is "geeking out". they are looking at data to see where there are areas for improvement. the forum in total is not looking for an ahi of 0, though we do celebrate it when it comes. and why not? it's good to have your airway open fully and functioning as it should.

board moderator pugsy often talks about the importance of feeling good over getting the good numbers. in fact, here's a thread regarding her own therapy-

https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t184 ... -done.html

pay particular attention to the comment she added at 7:19 this morning. and many forum members agree with feeling over numbers, so i'm puzzled as to why you have this opinion.

that overpriced resmed can give data that can HELP the op.

why wouldn't you want them to have the best?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 pm
i'm puzzled as to why you have this opinion.
I am not puzzled at all because that person thinks that just because he/she doesn't need or want data available that the rest of the world shouldn't either. Typical thoughts from someone who thinks that what they do is the best way for the rest of the world to do and if the world doesn't...something is wrong with the rest of the world but it sure isn't him/her because they know it all.

Not worth any time typing a response to that sort of person. They won't listen anyway.
I may not always need the data but I sure want it there available just in case I do end up needing/wanting it for any reason I might think of.

He/she doesn't like ResMeds. There's a lot more people out in this world that do happen to think highly of ResMeds and know it all outliers can be found everywhere. Doesn't mean that the rest of the world should adopt their way of thinking.

I just shrug my shoulder and roll my eyes and ignore the know it all "the world needs to think like I do" people.
I don't waste my time with those people.

BTW apparently the OP came here last Saturday to ask the question and doesn't appear to have ever come back.
Another shrug.
And I am surprised that someone didn't mention that their DME lied to them....the 2 mentioned machines are NOT the only machines available.
Even the hard to get ResMed AirSense 11 is now available online and if a DME can't get one then there's probably some other reason than availability that they can't get their hands on a ResMed.
Either that or it's another lie and they want to sell those cheaper machines and make more money just by telling the lie
"we can't get anything else".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm
zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 pm
i'm puzzled as to why you have this opinion.
I am not puzzled at all because that person thinks that just because he/she doesn't need or want data available that the rest of the world shouldn't either.
<insert shrug emoji here>

makes me think of the person who came in once and laughed because he couldn't understand why those of us using nasal pillows went to all the additional bother of using things to keep their mouth shut when all you needed was a full face mask.

sigh.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:11 am

richac wrote:
I'm not using this thing to geek out.
Being aware of what is actually happening to you and getting the best possible benefit is not someone using a thing to "geek out".
richac wrote:

If I was you I would save the money on an overpriced and overhyped resmed device.
Overpriced, maybe,

Overhyped, definitely not.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 pm
I am not puzzled at all because that person thinks that just because he/she doesn't need or want data available that the rest of the world shouldn't either. Typical thoughts from someone who thinks that what they do is the best way for the rest of the world to do and if the world doesn't...something is wrong with the rest of the world but it sure isn't him/her because they know it all.
Ignorance more frequently shows itself as confidence than does knowledge.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:59 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 am
Ignorance more frequently shows itself as confidence than does knowledge.
Nice one. :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

richac

Post by richac » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Well I think I was wrong about the Ibreeze. I've already mentioned the air filter doesn't look like it filters much, plus the latch is loose and noisy with every breath on mine. The machine itself is loud especially from the inside which makes wearing earplugs horrible. And the humidity tray is hard to clean.

But now I'm realizing on the airsense 10 and dream station I've used in the past, my pressures would gradually increase all the way up to 11, staying around 9 or 10.5 most of the time. But for some reason this Ibreeze never changes pressure. Its staying at 5 which is the lowest setting for 95% of the time lol. I woke up today when i heard myself snoring. And in fact on the apnea board forums I saw someone post their imatrix data and it looks exactly like mine. Basically stays flatlined at the starting pressure with the occasional short spikes. Is something wrong with this machine? I've used the dreamstation for almost 5 years and the resmed a for a few months before that including an overnight study. They always would ramp up and stay at the higher pressure eventually. This ibreeze NEVER DOES! I've tried everything. changing sized tubes, masks. Factory resetting the device. I also have the one without the wifi module because I believe in the US it is not approved for wifi so I can't see if there is a firmware update for it . everyone stay away unless you just want to use it as a cpap with a ramp. Forget the apap part. its completely bogus. When you put it on the apap its basically still just a cpap machine!

Not only that but once you change your breathing pattern the thing freaks out and pulses sometimes sending a huge massive jolt of air. Even when I turn over I have to find the right breathing rhythm again because I'm fighting against the machine that is cutting me off on in hale. Its crazy. I've been using it over a week now and I think i'm gong to croak. And if I just put it straight to 9 it feels super strong. I wonder if its even calcluated the same. If I demand the equipment company get me an airsense 10 I'm probably going to have to wait at least 7 months and I remember i liked the dreamstation much better. I can't believe this has happened. I guess I can just try Cpap setting with a ramp, but I've always used apap for my weak exhale.

Any experienced cpap users even use this machine for at least a week? I'm thinking NOONE has?

And let me just say, just the fact this thing is being approved in the industry, shows what a crock of horse manure this whole industry is.

jas32

Post by jas32 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:49 pm

richac wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:12 pm
But for some reason this Ibreeze never changes pressure.
I wonder if your iBreeze is not set up properly (or not set up identical to your previous units). My understanding is that all iBreeze units are both CPAP (fixed pressure) and APAP (adjusting pressure) capable.

lyu370

Post by lyu370 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:54 am

Hi all, longtime lurker.

I have a Resmed S9 Autoset circa 2013, any reason to replace it if it's still working fine?

Thanks
Andy

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:01 am

Yes - it is not going to work fine forever (you know that) and you can always use a backup machine anyhow, so keep it for that and get a new one.