Cpap "flipping" over

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Centennial1

Cpap "flipping" over

Post by Centennial1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:15 am

Hi,
Does anyone have a problem with Resmed Autoset 11 flipping over if the hose is pulled/tugged while sleeping?
I am a restless sleeper, lots of rolling over b/c of back aches. Never had a problem with Respironics Dream, but I've flipped the Resmed 11 over now twice in the past week.
Any suggestions?

lynninnj

Re: Cpap "flipping" over

Post by lynninnj » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:21 am

Centennial1 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:15 am
Hi,
Does anyone have a problem with Resmed Autoset 11 flipping over if the hose is pulled/tugged while sleeping?
I am a restless sleeper, lots of rolling over b/c of back aches. Never had a problem with Respironics Dream, but I've flipped the Resmed 11 over now twice in the past week.
Any suggestions?
I use this. I also have a 6ft hose.

JAKIA CPAP Hose Holder and Hanger Tube Clamp and Support Minimize Hose Tubing Tangle and Leakage with Angles Adjustable,Relieve Pressure from Tube-CPAP Accessory Supplies… https://a.co/d/6zMfq6L

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 am

Centennial1 wrote:
Any suggestions?
Would a longer hose like this 8-foot hose help? https://www.directhomemedical.com/cart/ ... YEQAvD_BwE

Cpap.com even has a 10-foot hose.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 am
Centennial1 wrote:
Any suggestions?
Would a longer hose like this 8-foot hose help? https://www.directhomemedical.com/cart/ ... YEQAvD_BwE

See, size does* matter. :lol:

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:25 pm

I put a rubber matt under mine (the kind you use to keep dog bowls from slipping around). I haven't flipped it since.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:25 pm
I put a rubber matt under mine (the kind you use to keep dog bowls from slipping around). I haven't flipped it since.
that’s a good idea!

sounds a bit like the silicone baking mats which are cheap too. we use one of them under the air fryer.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Just tie the hose off to something solid between the mask and machine (closest to machine, like the headboard). You will then be jerking on the tie off location, not the machine. :wink:

JPB

Centennial1

Post by Centennial1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:57 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 am
Centennial1 wrote:
Any suggestions?

I’d really prefer a heated hose, really cool bedroom and I need the humidification.

Centennial1

Post by Centennial1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:01 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Tried that and have been using a non-slip mat for years. But with the hose connection on the back, the non-slip does not prevent the cpap from rolling over.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:10 pm

Centennial1 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:01 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Tried that and have been using a non-slip mat for years. But with the hose connection on the back, the non-slip does not prevent the cpap from rolling over.
You could maybe bungie cord it to the night stand ? Or flip the machine around so the hose is where you need it ? I route my hose from the top between two pillows. I don't flip around as much anymore tho now that I'm sleeping better with pap.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:12 pm

The design change from the Air10's swivel 90 degree bend to the Air11s straight back connector is terrible.

Your best bet is to:
  • re-oriented the device so the the back is facing you and the hose will be oriented directly at you. This will also free up a little hose to give you more movement.
  • use a hose management system. This can be as easy a a command strip and Velcro.

Centennial1

Post by Centennial1 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:18 pm

jimbud wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:50 pm
Just tie the hose off to something solid between the mask and machine (closest to machine, like the headboard). You will then be jerking on the tie off location, not the machine. :wink:

JPB
Thanks , seems obvious solution, however tying the hose off to the headboard actually makes the hose shorter.

But your suggestion reminds me, perhaps I can try tying the hose off to another object like a night table leg that is close to the machine.
Either that or Velcro the machine to the floor mat.

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:12 pm
The design change from the Air10's swivel 90 degree bend to the Air11s straight back connector is terrible.
And even the AS10 with the hose in the back was is pretty bad... I've managed to turn mine over twice - though that's in two years - on nights when I forgot to take magnesium.

Seems to me that turning the machine around, and finding a hose management system that will keep the tug from reaching the machine are the best way to go....
maybe some intentional training in "tossing and turning without upending the machine" done while you're awake, could also help.

We really have a lot of new things to learn when adapting to CPAP, and the way we move in bed is one of them.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Centennial1 wrote:
Hi,
Any suggestions?
Old large mouse pads, ruberized shelf/drawer liner (they come in rolls.) under the machine., tape...black electrical or Duck tape.
learn to be aware of your hose orientation when you're turning over at night, etc.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:03 am

Centennial1 wrote:
Hi,
Any suggestions?
As others have suggested, a hose management system of some kind is what you need.

I have a VERY simple system that works for me. I took a small screw-in hook, like the hooks that folks use to hang a coffee cup from under a shelf. I screwed the hook into the wall above my pillow (no headboard) and from that hook I hung a small cable tie. The cable tie is long enough for my heated hose to fit through. I attach the hose to my machine and run the other end through the hoop of the cable tie. I then attach my mask tube and I'm ready for sleep.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...