bleep changed?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

bleep changed?

Post by onward60 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:24 pm

I have been looking into the bleep. It looks like there is an older version and a newer version maybe? One site has one on sale and another on pre-order. Does anyone know anything about this?

Jlfinkels

Re: bleep changed?

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm

Plenty of threads here on the Bleep Eclipse (new version using magnets) and the original using DreamPorts (snap-on connection).

Any specific questions? You can find the threads from your browser search bar like “site:cpaptalk.com bleep eclipse” or similar entry.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm

Yep....it's been talked about here quite a bit and if you search the forum you will see discussion.
I was a Beta tester for both versions....get the new version the Eclipse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTbB0cO5P4

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:34 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm
Plenty of threads here on the Bleep Eclipse (new version using magnets) and the original using DreamPorts (snap-on connection).

Any specific questions? You can find the threads from your browser search bar like “site:cpaptalk.com bleep eclipse” or similar entry.
So there are really 2 different versions and the eclipse is the new one. Got it. I'm also wondering what motivated them to change it. Sometimes changes are good and sometimes not.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:39 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm
Yep....it's been talked about here quite a bit and if you search the forum you will see discussion.
I was a Beta tester for both versions....get the new version the Eclipse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTbB0cO5P4
Perfect! Just what I was hoping to find someone who actually tried it and knew which one was better.

I'm really hoping it is possible to have something that puts no pressure on the roots of my teeth.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:40 pm

onward60 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:34 pm
So there are really 2 different versions and the eclipse is the new one. Got it. I'm also wondering what motivated them to change it. Sometimes changes are good and sometimes not.
Some folks with hand challenges have issues with the original DreamPorts (I’m one of them). Stuart and team came up with a much simpler solution with the magnetic connection. Proof of Occam’s Razor In action.Simply brilliant solution in its simplicity.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:04 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:40 pm
onward60 wrote:
Some folks with hand challenges have issues with the original DreamPorts (I’m one of them). Stuart and team came up with a much simpler solution with the magnetic connection. Proof of Occam’s Razor In action.Simply brilliant solution in its simplicity.
Excellent. Good for klutzy me, too. :D

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:11 pm

onward60 wrote:
The original Bleep was a really good idea but the attaching of the ports was a big problem for some people.

Stuart started working on the Eclipse version not long after the first version of the Bleep was released and then Covid hit and everything got pushed back for various reasons. Then Covid passed but there have been supply problems as well...so finally they are in production after jumping through all the FDA hoops again and getting the products needed to build the mask.

The Eclipse version is a bit lighter and more flexible and uses magnets to attach the adhesive ports (called Halos) to the frame/hose.
The magnets are tiny and don't have much of a reach so unless you have some sort of electronic device implanted really close to your nose...shouldn't affect it. The actual specs for the field of the magnet reach is around 2 cm. There was some initial concern about magnets and people with pacemakers not long ago because Philips recalled a mask using magnets to close the straps but those magnets were a LOT stronger than what is used on the Eclipse and the Philips magnets had a reach of about 6 inches.

Also....I have a metal plate in my neck...no issues at all.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:30 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:11 pm
onward60 wrote:
The original Bleep was a really good idea but the attaching of the ports was a big problem for some people.

Stuart started working on the Eclipse version not long after the first version of the Bleep was released and then Covid hit and everything got pushed back for various reasons. Then Covid passed but there have been supply problems as well...so finally they are in production after jumping through all the FDA hoops again and getting the products needed to build the mask.

The Eclipse version is a bit lighter and more flexible and uses magnets to attach the adhesive ports (called Halos) to the frame/hose.
The magnets are tiny and don't have much of a reach so unless you have some sort of electronic device implanted really close to your nose...shouldn't affect it. The actual specs for the field of the magnet reach is around 2 cm. There was some initial concern about magnets and people with pacemakers not long ago because Philips recalled a mask using magnets to close the straps but those magnets were a LOT stronger than what is used on the Eclipse and the Philips magnets had a reach of about 6 inches.

Thanks!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:
. . .
I asked what metals went into my back--they are all titanium--non-magnetic;
As is very likely your plate--but ask--you may need to know whether or not MRI is OK.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:15 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:03 pm
Pugsy wrote:
. . .
I asked what metals went into my back--they are all titanium--non-magnetic;
As is very likely your plate--but ask--you may need to know whether or not MRI is OK.
Yeah....I think at least a substantial part, if not all, of my plate is titanium as well. I remember seeing a bill for 1700 for one titanium screw and there are several in the plate. The neck surgery was in 2001.
I needed to have a MRI done on my thoracic and lumbar spine done prior to the spinal cord surgery last year and they had to go digging through some old records to find out if my plate was MRI compatible. All along I had thought it wasn't compatible but since I had to have the MRI done they went digging to be sure as the records, showing the materials used, had gone AWOL initially. Finally found the old records and confirmed that I was okay to have a MRI.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:36 am

Will the original dreamports still be sold? Possibly at a cheaper price? I don’t hand hand issues and have gotten quite used to them. I can see the magnet being a bit nicer for creating and holding that good seal. Just wondering if the original version will still be sold because I wouldn’t say I need the new design. I just enjoy new things.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:50 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:36 am
Will the original dreamports still be sold? Possibly at a cheaper price? I don’t hand hand issues and have gotten quite used to them. I can see the magnet being a bit nicer for creating and holding that good seal. Just wondering if the original version will still be sold because I wouldn’t say I need the new design. I just enjoy new things.
I don't know the answer to that question but I suspect that once existing original Bleep products inventory is gone that they/Stuart won't be producing it anymore. Stuart just doesn't have the deep enough pockets to support paying for the production line of 2 different masks.
So I suspect it will be discontinued like a lot of other masks have been discontinued.

Best thing to be sure....contact Stuart directly and ask him because that is a question I have never asked him.

If the original Bleep is slated to be discontinued....and someone wants to still use it....stock up on supplies while they are still available is about all I can offer. Also ask on the forum...I gave away 90% of my boxes of Dreamports.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:57 am

Anyone wondering about the status of the original Bleep being discontinued or not.

Straight from Stuart's mouth just a few minutes ago...
No plans at this time to discontinue the Bleep. People are starting rumors over nothing.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:06 am

I reached out and he said they’re not discontinuing it. Where was the rumor stating they are? How did he think people are starting rumors about that?