After six months I still hate everything about my CPAP and notice no difference in how I feel during the day

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Queerpaps

After six months I still hate everything about my CPAP and notice no difference in how I feel during the day

Post by Queerpaps » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Can I sue ISLEEP for being a scam?

Rubicon

Re: After six months I still hate everything about my CPAP and notice no difference in how I feel during the day

Post by Rubicon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:53 am

Queerpaps wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:23 pm
Sure!

But based on the information you've presented thus far, they're probably going to be more successful suing you.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

Miss Emerita

Re: After six months I still hate everything about my CPAP and notice no difference in how I feel during the day

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 am

If it's a serious question, then sure; anyone can sue just about anyone for just about anything. Winning is another story.

If it's a rant, that's OK.

But if you'd like to see whether your CPAP experience could be better, along with the way you feel during the day, we'd need some more information, starting with the make and model of your machine, ditto your mask, and your machine's settings.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:11 pm

Queerpaps wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:23 pm
If YOU haven't taken control of YOUR therapy, then the line from the movie "Forrest Gump" comes to mind......"Stupid is as Stupid does."

As soon as YOU take charge of YOUR therapy, YOU will see improvements in it. It ain't nobody else's therapy and nobody else's fault but your own if it ain't working or you're not seeing improvements!!!

Git r done!

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:25 pm

My thought was, " Who the hell is isleep?"
Google pulls up another DME--
Ummm, what made you trust them?
You are in charge--or nobody is.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:45 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:25 pm
My thought was, " Who the hell is isleep?"
Google pulls up another DME--
Ummm, what made you trust them?
You are in charge--or nobody is.
Been wondering the same thing. A search didn't help a whole lot but gave me a few possibilities.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=%22Isl ... 0-1&ia=web
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:15 pm

Have another sleep test in a legitimate sleep lab and see how it compares. That will give you data to see if you have any chance of a suit (you have to prove your allegations in court, you can't just whine to the judge).

Or it will tell you that despite your complaints, you really do have sleep apnea that needs to be treated. You may not be getting optimal treatment, but you have a role in that too. Have you contacted your doctor to let him know your symptoms are no better? Bet you have not. You would do that if a medication was not working. If you don't communicate that to the prescribing/treating physician, you would lose your case in court, too. You have a duty to be proactive in your own health care, you can't blame it all on others.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Queerpaps

Post by Queerpaps » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:18 am

So clarification. A little sensor on my chest and finger that I removed during an at home sleep test had work fully convinced I needed a CPAP machine. Months later my vitals are identical to the day I started. I get it, some people truly need this equipment and it's a life saver. My grandpa snored all the way to age 98...

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:55 am

Queerpaps wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:18 am
So clarification. A little sensor on my chest and finger that I removed during an at home sleep test had work fully convinced I needed a CPAP machine. Months later my vitals are identical to the day I started. I get it, some people truly need this equipment and it's a life saver. My grandpa snored all the way to age 98...
wow, that's so, uh, ignorant works.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:28 am

Queerpaps wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:18 am
That's no clarification. Put up some data or go join SleepHQ. They'll tell you to sleep on your side and get a neck pillow.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:25 am

So if you're stuck with this via work, the way to try making the best of it is to let us know more so we can try to help.

What make and model of machine do you have? If it's compatible with the (free) Oscar software, do you have a laptop or desktop you could load the program onto?
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/