Breas Z2 users?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
acctingman

Breas Z2 users?

Post by acctingman » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:54 am

Hello

I recently purchased the Breas Z2 portable cpap machine and I'm having a hard time figuring how to solve my problem of not being able to really exhale out (nasal pillow user) as there is too much pressure coming in. I'm not 100% sure what APAP pressure I should have it set at but it seems all 3 settings (APAP-1 to 3) I'm struggling to breath out through my nasal pillows.

Anyone here familiar with this machine maybe steer me in the right direction? I've watched several youtube videos but I'm still thinking I don't have a setting or two down correctly. I'm going to reach out to the manufacturer to see if they can offer any assistance along with my sleep doctor's office to see if they can also assit.

Thank you

Pugsy

Re: Breas Z2 users?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:08 am

What size nasal pillow are you using?
Which nasal pillow mask are you using??? Brand and model???
If you can try a larger size...try it and see if it helps you with your problems exhaling.

Sorry...not familiar with your machine at all.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:57 am

Make sure the hose adapter is fully inserted into the body of the machine up to the shoulder. The smaller tube is for pressure sensing, and it is shorter than the main tube and will disconnect first.
AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.

Musiclover1013

Post by Musiclover1013 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:29 am

I just purchased the Breas Z2 for use when I travel. The problem you describe sounds eerily like what I was experiencing. I wear a full face mask & I was being blasted away. It didn't matter if I was on z-breathe 1, 2, or 3. Long story boring I had a defective machine that had a faulty motor. They hooked it up to a manometer & it was spiking & then stopping. They replaced my machine & I can breathe.

sleepy-eye

Post by sleepy-eye » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:25 pm

Wow, you folks are not alone.

I've been a CPAP user for 20 years (next month) and this was the first travel cpap I've bought. I bought my Z2 about 1.5 weeks ago and tried it, about blew my ears out. My pressure was set at a 9 from the DME, per my prescription. I first tried using the thin tube and not humidifier with my Dreamwear nasal pillow mask. Pressure toooo high. Changed to a full size 6' hose and installed the humidifier, not good. I lowered my pressure to 8.5 and I could tell a difference but still wasn't correct. I almost bought a manometer to check it.

Returned to DME and told it will take 2 - 3 months to get back, after the manufacture verifies the claim. So now I wait.....

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:52 pm

I use a full size Resmed machine which seems to work with me when I breath, not against me. I got a Z2 for camping and it does seem like the pressure at the mask is intense. Not sure if mine is working correctly, but I resorted to a lower pressure setting for my Z2 compared to my Resmed.