Bleep Eclipse at Aeroflow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
booksfan

Re: Bleep Eclipse at Aeroflow

Post by booksfan » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:13 pm

katwalk wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:55 pm
Hey all, I am a newbie to this website, (which I am thankful I have found), and I am currently waiting for my new shipment of Eclipse mask and Halos from Aeroflow. After reading some of the comments, I am afraid I will also have issues with my smaller nose and nostrils. I currently use the ResMed AirFit frame and N30i cushions both in small. I am so excited just to be able to try this new system but I am afraid I will have issues with my smaller nostrils as some of you have mentioned. I really want this Bleep Eclipse system to work for me. I am ready for a change and hopefully much better sleep and readings. Fingers crossed - thanks!
I have my fingers crossed for you as well, the Eclipse is great! If you do have any problems, I do suggest you contact Stuart at Bleep. I am sure he would be able to help solve any issues that might arise.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

katwalk

Post by katwalk » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 pm

Hi Booksfan, thanks for response. I have received the Eclipse Halos with magnets, and have used them one night. I like the freedom from the straps and the head gear, but my primary concern is that I do have a pacemaker in my chest. Aeroflow and the Halos paperwork confirmed as long as the magnets are no closer than 0.8 inches to the pacemaker, that I should be okay. I am currently waiting for my doctor to give me the okay to continue using these. If I am advised not to use these, I may consider the Dreamports instead. Thanks so much.
Last edited by katwalk on Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” —Dalai Lama

katwalk

Post by katwalk » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:03 pm

Thanks Loggerhead, thanks for your response and you are correct. They fit my face and nose just fine. I now need to reconfirm with my pulmonologist if okay for me to use these magnets since I have a pacemaker. I guess if the answer is no, I could always consider the Dreamports with no magnets.
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” —Dalai Lama

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:53 pm

You might want to find magnetic shielding to protect your pacemaker from the Bleep magnets.
They do make shielding to protect from an Iphone--but neodymium magnets might be another thing.

katwalk

Post by katwalk » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:09 pm

You might want to find magnetic shielding to protect your pacemaker from the Bleep magnets.
They do make shielding to protect from an Iphone--but neodymium magnets might be another thing.

Thanks Chunkyfrog for the idea, but I found out anyone with a pacemaker device should definitely not use the Bleep Halos with magnets. Instead I will try the Dreamports without magnets.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:57 pm

Good to know.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Looks like Aeroflow has these in stock now. I got my first shipment yesterday and tried them last night. They were definitely louder on the inhale, but that could just be a positioning issue that will get better as I fine-tune how they go on. There is a learning curve to getting them on. You can grab the old ones by the plastic connector pieces to avoid touching the adhesive. I'll have to come up with new tricks for the Eclipses. Also getting them off is harder with nothing to pull on.

The magnetic interface only came apart once during the night, but I did lay on the hose while turning over, so not the Eclipse's fault. It clicked back into place right away.

The boxes look like they will travel much better than the original Halos. Flatter and much less airspace.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:55 pm

loggerhead12 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:29 pm
Looks like Aeroflow has these in stock now. I got my first shipment yesterday and tried them last night. They were definitely louder on the inhale, but that could just be a positioning issue that will get better as I fine-tune how they go on. There is a learning curve to getting them on. You can grab the old ones by the plastic connector pieces to avoid touching the adhesive. I'll have to come up with new tricks for the Eclipses. Also getting them off is harder with nothing to pull on.

The magnetic interface only came apart once during the night, but I did lay on the hose while turning over, so not the Eclipse's fault. It clicked back into place right away.

The boxes look like they will travel much better than the original Halos. Flatter and much less airspace.
If you have a bit of fingernail, you can use that to get under the edge to start peeling it off. That helps quite a bit. I also find that fingernails help with application as well. I hold with my fingernails to apply and that has not affected the stickiness at all. I am female but keep my nails very much on the shorter side these days. Trim just past the ends of my fingers when I do my mani, and by the time I do my next one, they are driving me nuts, so short! And you are right, very easy to travel, I can get an extra 2-3 weeks into a box for travel! It's great!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:09 pm

I worked out part of the noise problem. Upon very close inspection there was a sliver of metal, very tiny, stuck to one of the magnets. It was making a small gap between the magnet and the metal circle on the Eclipse halo. I don't know if it came that way - it could have very easily been something it picked up after I opened it. Something to watch for.

JimmyStewart

Post by JimmyStewart » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm

>>> You can grab the old ones by the plastic connector pieces to avoid touching the adhesive.
>>> I'll have to come up with new tricks for the Eclipses.
>>> Also getting them off is harder with nothing to pull on.

stuart has said the adhesive is pressure sensitive. After watching the bleep videos, I formed a theory --

I believe if you hold the pads by the edges, and don't squeeze (much) they don't stick much. Once placed, and you run your fingers over the pads, the "full" adhesive is activated. There are flaws in this -- without applying any pressure, if I misplace a pad and it makes full contact, you can't peel up and reposition. But as I said, holding by edges, positioning, then running fingers over pads a couple of times, works great for me.

I also had major problems getting pads off in morning. More than once, I scratched/gouged the skin on my nose trying to lift the edge to remove. Now before applying, I fold the point back on itself, of the first pad I apply. Doesn't take much -- maybe an 1/8 of an inch. This gives me an easy edge to grab in the morning. YMMV

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:21 pm

JimmyStewart wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm
Now before applying, I fold the point back on itself, of the first pad I apply. Doesn't take much -- maybe an 1/8 of an inch. This gives me an easy edge to grab in the morning. YMMV
Excellent!