Which Bleep is preferred by most people?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jeanne64

Which Bleep is preferred by most people?

Post by Jeanne64 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:26 pm

Which is best, original Bleep Dreamports or the Bleep Eclipse?

mets123

Re: Which Bleep is preferred by most people?

Post by mets123 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:39 pm

The dreamports for me are a little quieter and have never had any pull away from the adhesive. The bleep eclipse for me pulls slightly if you don’t use a hose hanger and it’s a little heavier. I like them both!

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:01 pm

I like the Dreamports. For me, they are quieter and pull a lot less on my nose. I also don’t like trimming little bits to keep the first ring clear of obstruction from the second one.

But we have many members who vastly prefer the Eclipse.

May I ask why you’re interested in posing this question?
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:14 pm

I have been using the dreamport sense they came out. I prefer the eclipse. Easy to attach and absolutely no leaks.

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:07 am

I wish there was a way to actually try the eclipse and at least a couple weeks of ports without having to pay close to $100. The original dream ports are cheaper but still expensive when we don't even know if we will like it.

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:41 pm

I prefer the Eclipse and is what I am using now.

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:43 pm

zoomzoom wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:07 am
I wish there was a way to actually try the eclipse and at least a couple weeks of ports without having to pay close to $100. The original dream ports are cheaper but still expensive when we don't even know if we will like it.
I sent you a message.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:57 pm

I prefer the Eclipse. I started using the DreamPorts as soon as it came out, it was the first CPAP mask I was able to use for more than 2-3 weeks. I actually went through about 15-18 masks my first 14 months on CPAP :shock: , mostly out of pocket! The DreamPorts worked well for me and as several others have said, is a bit quieter overall than the Eclipse. Most of the time, I find the Eclipse quiet, but from time to time I will suddenly hear some exhaust noise. As I am very sensitive to noise, it does bother me a bit. Stuart has suggested that doubling up on the vent filters helps but I have not tried that yet. I switched back to the beta version of the Eclipse (I was a beta tester) and it is 100% silent. So that is working very well for me. One HUGE advantage of the Eclipse over the DreamPort (for me) is the ease of magnetic attachment. I have painful arthritis in the fingers of one hand that has limited my fine motor skills, which can make attaching the DreamPorts difficult to almost impossible. Eclipse is easy, peasy!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet