I inherited an Aircurve 10 ASV - can it be programmed to operate solely as an APAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MeToo

I inherited an Aircurve 10 ASV - can it be programmed to operate solely as an APAP?

Post by MeToo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:32 pm

I cannot finagle it to function as a basic APAP -- like my Airsense 10 apap -- without the inhalation and exhalation adjustments.

Advance thanks to anyone who can assist!

Pugsy

Re: I inherited an Aircurve 10 ASV - can it be programmed to operate solely as an APAP?

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:55 pm

What are the settings on your APAP that you wish to mimic on the ASV?

You can probably get close with the settings but it won't be identical because the ASV has a variable PS setting and I think it has a minimum PS setting that is still going to be greater than EPR on the AutoSet. Did you use EPR on the AutoSet?

What are your options on the ASV?
Can you set PS to be a fixed setting so that the minimum PS and the maximum PS is the same? That would let the machine function like the AutoSet....sort of. It's close but I don't think that you can go lower than 5 PS and I don't know if you can set minimum and maximum PS to be the same number.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Re: I inherited an Aircurve 10 ASV - can it be programmed to operate solely as an APAP?

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Do you have the provider/clinical manual for the AirCurve 10 ASV?

If not you can request it here.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:42 am

From the clinical manual, the available settings for ASVAuto mode are:

Code: Select all

Min EPAP Sets the minimum EPAP (minimum expiratory pressure) delivered by the device.			4–15 cm H2O 
Max EPAP Sets the maximum EPAP delivered by the device. Dependent on Min EPAP. 				4–15 cm H2O 
Min PS Sets the minimum pressure support delivered by the device 					0–6 cm H2O 
Max PS Sets the maximum pressure support delivered by the device. Dependent on EPAP in ASV. 		5–20 cm H2O
So you can easily set the maximum and minimum pressure, but pressure support would vary between 0.0 and 6.0, which is pretty high. As Pugsy suggested, this is a lot more than the highest EPR of 3.0, which is more-or-less equivalent.

The other alternative is to set the machine to CPAP mode, in which case PS doesn't apply (but I don't believe you can set EPR). You can also use ASV mode (not ASVAuto), in which case the EPAP is fixed, but you're still stuck with a varying pressure support.
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.