AIRVIEW & MyAir communications

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dataq1

AIRVIEW & MyAir communications

Post by dataq1 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:35 pm

Does my Airsense II call into Resmed Airview every day, and if so, is there a schedule?
Or does The Airview system call my cpap every day (at their convenience)?

In order for Airview system to work acquire information properly, do I have to have an SD card installed?

( I am thinking about the detailed data for each day, flow rate data files etc, rather than just summary data)
Last edited by dataq1 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

palerider

Re: AIRVIEW communications

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:23 pm

You're always acting like you know everything, answer this dumb question yourself.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 pm

I been told that Resmed’s day begins and ands at noon, so I’d think that the data is uploaded after that time. But how/who the upload is initiated, I’ve no info.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:09 pm

RobbyM684 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 pm
I been told that Resmed’s day begins and ands at noon, so I’d think that the data is uploaded after that time. But how/who the upload is initiated, I’ve no info.
ResMed's day begins and ends at noon to reduce the complications caused by single sleep sessions spanning midnight. Nothing to do with uploading data. The ResMed noon-to-noon day preceeded the ability to upload data.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 pm

But it wouldn’t make much sense to upload prior to the “end of Resmed’s day”.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:06 am

RobbyM684 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 pm
But it wouldn’t make much sense to upload prior to the “end of Resmed’s day”.
Why?

* Edit *

My data for today, uploaded at least an hour ago at 8:13am, almost four hours before the end of a Resmed day.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:53 am

dataq1 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:35 pm
Does my Airsense II call into Resmed Airview every day, and if so, is there a schedule?
Or does The Airview system call my cpap every day (at their convenience)?

In order for Airview system to work acquire information properly, do I have to have an SD card installed?

( I am thinking about the detailed data for each day, flow rate data files etc, rather than just summary data)
The only thing you need to do is to leave the machine plugged in and not connected to a socket that goes out with a light switch or a timer (or powers off in any other manner). If you're traveling, any missed data will get caught up when you return home.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 am

I suppose that it really doesn't make that much difference (timing of uploading to some Airview server), I've been lead to believe that each sleep session is tagged with the date and time, so that it's reasonable that the server assembling the data for a "day" might recognize that a divided sleep night.

But you've incidentally raised an associated question that the OP didn't ask.... Is the MyAir app communication (from the Cpap) via cellular or Bluetooth? - I just don't know !
Does the MyAir app get it's info directly from the cpap machine or does the app get it's info from some sort of Resmed server (in the cloud) that also supplies AirView reports to providers?

In any event, (in your example), if you had started another sleep session at 9:00am (after sync to MyAir), would that additional session show up as an add-on of Nov 22 data?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:11 am

RobbyM684 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 am
Is the MyAir app communication (from the Cpap) via cellular or Bluetooth? - I just don't know !
Cellular...only cellular which requires an internal modem within the machine to be able to "call out" and send the data.

Bluetooth is local to your residence only...like pairing with phones, other computers or the TV via your own personal WiFi connections from whatever.
RobbyM684 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 am
Does the MyAir app get it's info directly from the cpap machine or does the app get it's info from some sort of Resmed server (in the cloud) that also supplies AirView reports to providers?
Answered above....the machine uses the cellular modem to phone home to ResMed website of some sort. Now exactly how "home" does its interchange with MyAir or AirView...who knows. Or in my case....who cares. :lol: :lol: Not me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am

Digging futher, here is what Resmed says (on their website)
All Air series devices contain internal SIM cards that transmit data automatically into AirView (device must be powered on, not in "Airplane mode", and in a cellular coverage area). There is no effort required by the patient, as the device automatically uploads data 1 hour after the patient stops using the device.

However, the AirSense 11 integrates Bluetooth connectivity, so you can see your sleep stats right in your myAir app and get an accurate picture of your sleep therapy.Apr 14, 2023
So that would seem to answer some of the OP's question:
1) what/who initiates the upload to Resmed's server: the cpap
2) what is the schedule: one hour after pt stops using
3) Airsense11 seems to communicate with MyAir via Bluetooth.

Whether you need to have a SD card installed for AirView to collect flow rate data or mask pressure data streams is still up-in-the air.

Why care? if out of range for bluetooth or in airplane mode/ out of coverage .

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:59 am

RobbyM684 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am
3) Airsense11 seems to communicate with MyAir via Bluetooth.
No it does not. Therapy data is only sent to the cloud via cellular. Air 11's use bluetooth to:
  • provide device info to the app
  • control features such as testdrive
  • communicate with bluetooth oxi-devices
RobbyM684 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am
Whether you need to have a SD card installed for AirView to collect flow rate data or mask pressure data streams is still up-in-the air.
No it isn't.

The ability to transmit any of the data is not dependant on the presence of an SD Card.

High Resolution data, 25Hz or greater (like most wave forms), are *never* transmitted from the device to ResMed. They can only be sent to the cloud, by bringing an SD Card to ResScan station, reading the card and then submitting to ResMed.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:57 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:59 am
High Resolution data, 25Hz or greater (like most wave forms), are *never* transmitted from the device to ResMed. They can only be sent to the cloud, by bringing an SD Card to ResScan station, reading the card and then submitting to ResMed.
Thanks, That is very useful to know. My SD card or it contents have never left my home. So, when my doctor or DME tells me that they are looking at a plot of my leak readings for a particular night, that is entirely plausible. On the other hand, if the doctor tells me that he is looking at plot of my pressure or flow readings for a particular night.... - he is probably fibbing.

Now, you said that 'Airsense 11 does not communicate with with the MyAir app via bluetooth, but then went on to say that AS11 Bluetooth provides device info to the app (and I think you are meaning the MyAir app). That leaves me confused about what information is passed between the device and the MyAir app on my phone. Is there a distinction that I'm misunderstanding?

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:39 am

To all,
Thanks for the input while I was OOP.

What I gathered from the various comments were in answer to my question:

1) Device to Resmed server (to provide data to Resmed Airview) is initiated by the device and about 1 hour after session ends.
This transfer of data does not include hi-resolution data (millisecond pressure and flow rate data for example)

2) Device data (except for hi-res ) to Myair app is accomplished via my Bluetooth enabled phone.

I now know that either taking my SD card or OSCAR printouts to my doctor provides a boatload of therapy information that my doctor does not have.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:38 am

RobbyM684 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:57 pm
On the other hand, if the doctor tells me that he is looking at plot of my pressure or flow readings for a particular night.... - he is probably fibbing.
He might be looking at low resolution plots.
RobbyM684 wrote:
Now, you said that 'Airsense 11 does not communicate with with the MyAir app via bluetooth,
It does communicate, what it doesn't do is send any therapy data to the MyAir App.
RobbyM684 wrote:
Now, you said that 'Airsense 11 does not communicate with with the MyAir app via bluetooth, but then went on to say that AS11 Bluetooth provides device info to the app (and I think you are meaning the MyAir app). That leaves me confused about what information is passed between the device and the MyAir app on my phone. Is there a distinction that I'm misunderstanding?
Device information, such as the unique serial number on your device.

dataq1 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:39 am
2) Device data (except for hi-res ) to Myair app is accomplished via my Bluetooth enabled phone.
No, it's not.

Therapy data is never transferred to via Bluetooth.
It's uploaded to ResMed via cellular.
Hi-res data is never uploaded to ResMed (from the App or Device). It can only be read from the SD Card.

RobbyM684

Post by RobbyM684 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:08 am

RobbyM684 wrote:
On the other hand, if the doctor tells me that he is looking at plot of my pressure or flow readings for a particular night.... - he is probably fibbing.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:38 am
He might be looking at low resolution plots.
I'm only looking for clarity, not an argument.
Are you saying that there is a low-res version of the millisecond-by-millisecond mask pressure or flow rates that is sent via the automatic daily upload?
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:38 am
Therapy data is never transferred to via Bluetooth.
It's uploaded to ResMed via cellular.
On an other point of clarity, regarding Bluetooth comms to the MyAir app. I've always considered AHI data and usage hours as being (part of) therapy data. MyAir app clearly gets that therapy data via Bluetooth. So I guess we can say that MyAir (via Bluetooth) gets some therapy data.