I think I don´t sleep well, Oximeter readings comparisong while sleeping

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zamblo

I think I don´t sleep well, Oximeter readings comparisong while sleeping

Post by zamblo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:42 am

Hi!,

Since I was a little kid I was afraid of falling asleep, I was scared about ghosts and darkness.

Now i´m a 32 old guy, 90kg, 184cm (I´m fit, wen to the gym for years now, not obese) and althought I still need some context for sleep (need a little light and river sounds) I don´t remember a single good night since I have memory, well, I remember when I was 21, 22, 23 years old I was waking up refreshed and with energy, but last few years I almost can´t remember a single morning where I didn´t wake up tired.

I have some anxiety issues and I´m still working on them, maybe it has something to do with that.

2 years ago I did a medical check, they even did a magnetic resonance to my brain, everything was good.

Also, I get sick very easy, I think it has something to do with being anxious and so my immune system is weak.

Every day I´m improving my sleep habits, going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, taking magnesium, melatonin, etc...

Few weeks ago I bought a ring pulse oximeter (the one from wellbeing) and I´ve been using it to examine my O2 and pulse rate for sleep, and while I´m meditating.

So yesterday I told my girlfriend to use it too so we can compare both, and this are the results:

MINE:

HERS:

If you see the rest of my sleeping results it´s almost the same, I dont have big O2 drops but I wake up almost 6 to 12 times EVERY NIGHT and I think this is not normal.

If you see her sleep results it´s perfect (I think).

So the question is, it´s my sleep analysis from my O2metter normal or can you see something wrong?

Thanks!

Julie

Re: I think I don´t sleep well, Oximeter readings comparisong while sleeping

Post by Julie » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:58 am

Can you please go to your Profile and add which model of what machine you use? And what mask? Then download (free) Oscar from the Stickies at the top of the page and post results in this thread... if it won't work (things are full here) then use e.g. Imgur.com and put a link here to those results.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:12 pm

zamblo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:42 am
last few years I almost can´t remember a single morning where I didn´t wake up tired.

I have some anxiety issues and I´m still working on them, maybe it has something to do with that.

I get sick very easy, I think it has something to do with being anxious and so my immune system is weak.

Quit screwing around.
Get a sleep study and come back to this thread with the results.
Julie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:58 am
Can you please go to your Profile and add which model of what machine you use? And what mask? Then download (free) Oscar from the Stickies at the top of the page and post results in this thread... if it won't work (things are full here) then use e.g. Imgur.com and put a link here to those results.
He never mentioned that he is using CPAP.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:39 pm

Welcome, Zamblo. Your overall O2 results look fine to me. Good results are ones that keep you in the 90s. You very briefly dip below 90% once, and that may simply reflect a loss of contact by the oximeter.

Night-time arousals are common. Here's some information about normal arousal rates: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2564772/

You'll see that the average arousal rate ranges from 11/hour at age 18 to 22/hour at age 70. Of course, how restful sleep is depends on whether your arousals are brief or long.

All that said, you are tired and sleepy during the day, and I agree with Chicago Granny that you need to have a sleep study done if you haven't had one already. Other tests to discuss with your doctor include blood work for thyroid, iron, vitamin D, vitamin B12, testosterone, Lyme disease, and connective tissue disease or other autoimmune diseases.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/