ResMed and Ozone cleaner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SakimaStorm

ResMed and Ozone cleaner

Post by SakimaStorm » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I picked up a barely used, 450 hours,ResMed AirCurve 10 bi-level to use as a back up. The date on the machine is 2017 so I'm guessing it sat unused for most of its life.
The humidifier chamber had been modified to work with SoClean and there was SoClean paperwork in the box so I assume the original owner used SoClean on it.

I know Phillips did a recall due to issues w/ Ozone cleaning but not ResMed. Should I be concerned given the low miles on the unit and likely very few times SoClean was used on it?

It smelled a bit musty when I first used it so I ran some ozium thru it to get rid of any bacteria etc and that cleaned up the smell beautifully.

It seems to work fine but was hoping for some input on the SoClean issue.

thanks.

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Lowenstein Prisma20A
Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask

ChicagoGranny

Re: ResMed and Ozone cleaner

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:45 pm

You already bought it, just use it.

Any ozone has long since evaporated.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:51 pm

SakimaStorm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Hello everyone,

I picked up a barely used, 450 hours,ResMed AirCurve 10 bi-level to use as a back up. The date on the machine is 2017 so I'm guessing it sat unused for most of its life.
The humidifier chamber had been modified to work with SoClean and there was SoClean paperwork in the box so I assume the original owner used SoClean on it.

I know Phillips did a recall due to issues w/ Ozone cleaning but not ResMed. Should I be concerned given the low miles on the unit and likely very few times SoClean was used on it?

It smelled a bit musty when I first used it so I ran some ozium thru it to get rid of any bacteria etc and that cleaned up the smell beautifully.

thanks.
Keep an eye on the humidifier and be alert for any specks that show up in the water there, it might be the sound deadening foam coming apart. There's not much foam in the machine, and it's not that difficult to get to, if you have a T10 driver.

Resmed didn't do a recall, what they said a couple years before was that if they saw signs of the foam dissolving due to ozone use, then they'd void the machine's warranty.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:36 am

SakimaStorm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Hello everyone,

thanks.
What do you mean when you say, " I ran some ozium thru it to get rid of any bacteria etc and that cleaned up the smell beautifully."

How did you run some Ozium through the machine? I've used the solid Ozium odor eliminator before (not on my cpap), it does a fantastic job, but I can't imagine how you would run the solid or the spray through your cpap machine.

How was the water reservoir modified? With such low hours and using it as a backup, I'd guess that you'd be ok with that thing. I'd get a new reservoir though.
Last edited by Conrad on Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

SakimaStorm

Post by SakimaStorm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:16 pm

I ran the BiPAP for about 10 minutes after spraying Ozium aerosol in the air above it. That was the procedure someone on another forum mentioned awhile back as a solution to clear out cigarette smoke from a device that they had purchased used. I imagine the ozium was pulled in thru the CPAP intake and that cleared the air path of any bacteria. It worked for the person who bought a smokey used CPAP and it worked for me getting rid of the musty smell.

There was a special reservoir with a hole in it for a hose that connected to the SoClean. I tossed it of course and am just using a regular reservoir.

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Lowenstein Prisma20A
Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask