Strong correlation between movements, flow rate dislocations and appearance of apneas?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Albatros

Strong correlation between movements, flow rate dislocations and appearance of apneas?

Post by Albatros » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:24 am

As we can see, with each movement, there corresponds a dislocation in the flow rates, and an acceleration of the heart rate, but more interesting, often the appearance of OA/H's.

Pugsy

Re: Strong correlation between movements, flow rate dislocations and appearance of apneas?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 am

What are you using to record movement?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Albatros

Re: Strong correlation between movements, flow rate dislocations and appearance of apneas?

Post by Albatros » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:15 am

To record the movement, I am using the O2 ring, which gives SPO2, Pulse rates and the Movements.
I had a recent Hospital Sleep full recording and it gave me the opportunity to check that my O2 ring Spo2 was correct.

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:05 am

Very interesting and important implication!

The operating theory with consumer XPAP devices is that disruptions of flow is caused by airway collapse, full or partial. The remedial action to this collapse is to apply additional pressure.*

However if some flow disruptions are actually caused by movement, the ordinary programmed remedial action is faulty.

In-lab PSG are routinely edited to remove events that are not caused by airway collapse.

* the exception being made for clear airway where it is surmised that the airway is actually not being restricted.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:18 am

dataq1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:05 am
Very interesting and important implication!
Gee.

The concept of "false positives" in reports.

Strange that's never been considered before...
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

dataq1

Post by dataq1 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:18 am
Strange that's never been considered before...
Of course it's been considered before, but normally for standard domestic users it (false positives) is couched in speculation.
Use of an accelerometer (such as the ring) or recording oximeter can provide evidence thereby limiting the need for speculation.

Accelerometers and oximeters are inexpensive; can't imagine why XPAP manufacturers don't incorporate them in their consumer products.
"THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON CPAPTALK.COM IS NOT INTENDED NOR RECOMMENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE."

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:47 pm

dataq1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:30 pm
Accelerometers and oximeters are inexpensive; can't imagine why XPAP manufacturers don't incorporate them in their consumer products.
That's easy!

Because it's a stupid idea.
Experience slips away.

Max46

Post by Max46 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:47 pm

It’s such a stupid idea that Resmed sells an oximeter kit.
And allegedly working with Wellue oximeters to sync via Bluetooth

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:15 pm

Max46 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:28 pm
Rubicon wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:47 pm

It’s such a stupid idea that Resmed sells an oximeter kit.
And allegedly working with Wellue oximeters to sync via Bluetooth
To incorporate movement?

They are most assuredly not.

Read topic.
Experience slips away.

Max46

Post by Max46 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:15 pm
Read topic.
There is a topic that states Resmed is NOT studying /investigating movement sensor?

Could you please explain why you think that oximeters and movement sensors are stupid adjuncts to consumer machines?

My personal philosophy is that more information that relates to therapy is desirable.

Albatros

Post by Albatros » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 am

I agree with that. As long as the recordings are credible, the more different views we have of our night, the better it is.
And to get back to my personal case,which triggered the discussion, the fact is that the movement detection seems to be OK, as the movements detected are perfectly synch with the Flow rates and Pulse rates events.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:44 am

Albatros wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 am
...as the movements detected are perfectly synch with the Flow rates and Pulse rates events.
OK great.

So what?
Experience slips away.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:51 am

Max46 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Could you please explain why you think that [movement data from] oximeters and movement sensors are stupid adjuncts to consumer machines?
No.

You explain what you're going to do with that data.
Experience slips away.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:27 pm

WTH?! An AHI of 1.2 and obsessing over a chart.

Some people should go through intensive training and certification before being allowed to see data.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:40 pm

Albatros wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 am
I agree with that. As long as the recordings are credible, the more different views we have of our night, the better it is.
And to get back to my personal case,which triggered the discussion, the fact is that the movement detection seems to be OK, as the movements detected are perfectly synch with the Flow rates and Pulse rates events.
Your sleep study already showed your sleep is disrupted by PLM's.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023