Leaky Dreamwear Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robert-tim

Leaky Dreamwear Mask

Post by robert-tim » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:40 pm

I have (had) been using a Dreamwear full-face mask for several months with good results. Then one night is sprang a leak. I was given another one from my provider to try, similar to a Quattro, and it works, except the pressure on the forehead is uncomfortable and I probably don't have it adjusted properly. But I had ordered a couple of replacement masks for the Dreamwear, and both of them leaked from the time I first received them. I think that the air is coming out from the crescent-shaped holes. Having ordered them from a third party, I can't get a refund. But I was thinking about gluing something over the holes with airplane glue, in case I needed something on short notice. But I'd be interested in knowing if others have had this problem with Dreamwear full-face masks. There are some negative reviews on Amazon pertaining to this issue.

OSCAR

LSAT

Re: Leaky Dreamwear Mask

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:43 pm

The holes are there to exhaust your CO2. All masks have some exhaust holes. Some are more obvious than others. The masks are not defective.

robert-tim

Post by robert-tim » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:47 pm

They all look the same, but only one gives any resistance when I breathe into it. (I've connected all four of them to the frame, in turns.) Since I'm stymied, perhaps I should migrate to the Quattro that I also have, if I can adjust it for better comfort.

OSCAR

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 am

robert-tim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:47 pm
if I can adjust it for better comfort.
Whichever mask you use, watch some YouTube videos for that model about fitting and adjusting.
robert-tim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:40 pm
I was thinking about gluing something over the holes with airplane glue
Have you figured out by now that this is a very bad idea?

robert-tim

Post by robert-tim » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:36 pm

I'm just using the one that works. AHI 1.21 last night. I don't really know if I want to stick with Dreamwear or not, probably won't if I can adapt to the Quattro. Fortunately, I finally have a CPAP appointment with Kaiser, my provider, on Feb. 5. Maybe they can actually do something for me--it seems to take months to get attention from them sometimes.

OSCAR

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:19 pm

You have the AirFit F20 in your Equipment Profile and your Signature.

robert-tim

Post by robert-tim » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:37 pm

After wearing it for several days, I had red marks on the bridge of my nose, so I stopped wearing it. (I should change this, once I settle on the equipment I am going to use.) Regarding the Dreamwear cushion, a reviewer on Amazon said: "Mask leaks around the magnet area. I cover the area with tape and that stops the leaking. Positive it's not a genuine product, but it's cheaper than going through a DME and I don't have to deal with them." So I'm not the only one with such an experience.

OSCAR

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 pm

I have several comfort items available for the Mirage Quattro Mask and even a Nose Bridge Protector if you need that. It would be a pleasure to help you sleep better.
Feel free to contact me.

Karen

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:21 pm

robert-tim wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:37 pm
So I'm not the only one with such an experience.
Every mask made has users who experience leaks. Every mask made had users who never experience leaks.