Just bragging a bit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Just bragging a bit

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:24 pm

Lookie here.....surprised me....no leaks and one hyponea which was a post arousal flagged event.

I don't see this very often. Using the Eclipse this night and didn't do anything else to keep my big mouth shut.

Also been doing some experiments with watching water consumption between the Eclipse and the P10. The P10 uses about 25 to 30 % more water than the Eclipse with everything else being equal or as equal as possible given the variables. That surprised me as well.
noleak.JPG
noleak.JPG (341.32 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Re: Just bragging a bit

Post by zonker » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:24 pm
Lookie here.....surprised me....no leaks and one hyponea which was a post arousal flagged event.

I don't see this very often. Using the Eclipse this night and didn't do anything else to keep my big mouth shut.

Also been doing some experiments with watching water consumption between the Eclipse and the P10. The P10 uses about 25 to 30 % more water than the Eclipse with everything else being equal or as equal as possible given the variables. That surprised me as well.

noleak.JPG
good job, you! i guess if aliens can come in and mess up your sleep, they can also come in and help your sleep.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:12 pm

And how are you feeling? :wink:

Looks so nice and stable!

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:37 am

ozij wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:12 pm
And how are you feeling?
:lol: :lol: That is/was a Monday night report so the next day was Tuesday of this week.

I got barely 6 hours of sleep (machine use) so in reality a little less than 6 hours of real sleep since I know it took some time to fall asleep and then a few arousals during the night.
I need more sleep than that to feel my best. Even if the short hours aren't all that fragmented with arousals which I almost always see evidence of multiple arousals (some I remember and some I don't remember and some prolonged and some not so prolonged) I learned a long time ago that hours of sleep (even crappy sleep) were better for me than short hours of sleep.

I felt "decent" (at least for me) that Tuesday but actually felt better the next day which was Wednesday when I got close to 9 hours of sleep.
The AHI was still nice and low at 0.56 with 4 centrals and one OA total for the entire night....and all those flagged events were post arousal flagged events. Tuesday night's report showed some leaking but I switched to the P10 that night and the P10 is simply less stable for me than the Eclipse so I wasn't surprised. Funny that the 95% leak number was 31 L/min which was elevated because of mainly one rather prolonged leak of about 30 minutes above 24 L/min and maxing out at around 41 L/min for that 30 minutes.

It's not a pretty leak line but I felt better than the leak line looked. :lol:

Wednesday was a very decent day for me and a lot of things lined up for me to feel better. I got more hours of sleep (even if it was a bit crappy) and I didn't hurt so bad and the weather changed to a lot warmer (mid to upper 60s that Wed) and no rain, etc. Then I overdid things that Wed and paid for it the next day. Color me a dumb ass. :lol:

The sleep maintenance insomnia thing is still a big problem for me. What with the arthritis stuff and the stress stuff from my mom's passing.....I know my sleep is extremely fragile and sometimes I get enough hours and decent quality but most of the time it's not enough hours of sleep and so so quality.
It's a crap shoot every day how I am going to feel but I know that my OSA is very well treated and screwing around with the settings isn't my miracle fix for the sleep problems that I have. I don't usually bother even looking at the reports unless I am documenting something I have done or am doing....like monitoring water consumption with different masks and I want to make sure that big leaks aren't too much of a variable.

I wish all sleep problems were as easily fixed as the OSA component is easy to fix. :lol: :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:31 am

If you don't mind my asking, . . .

what have you found to be most helpful so far with
  • sleep-maintenance insomnia
  • arthritis
  • stress and grief?
And what seems to make them worse?

I know you are a focused problem-solver, so I'm just hoping to learn what you've learned so far about what does and doesn't help you.

Only if you feel like sharing. Not trying to hijack your well-deserved bragging thread! :)
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:43 am

lazarus wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:31 am
what have you found to be most helpful so far with

sleep-maintenance insomnia

arthritis

stress and grief?

And what seems to make them worse?

I wish I knew the answer to those questions but I am hit and miss with what works and what doesn't work and what maybe works sometimes.

A couple of years ago I did the SCS thing and got some relief from the pain but as with anything....not enough relief. :lol: It's never enough is it??? I knew I wouldn't get all the relief I needed or wanted because of the problem I have with all the arthritis and degenerative changes in my spine and pelvis but I did get considerable relief.

It's like I am playing a game of whack a mole all the time and nothing ever lets me actually "win". I whack one mole with something and another one pops up to annoy me so I have to go looking for something else to do some whacking with. :lol:

To be clear about something though.....the really bad pain is pretty much well managed unless I go and do something stupid (which I have been known to do) but remember what I say "ANYTHING that disturbs my sleep is unwanted" and while the pain isn't horrible...it is enough to mess with my sleep and that's of course a problem.

The weather is a big factor in the "worse or better" thing. Cold rainy shitty weather and I have more problems than when it is sunny and warm. It's no joke when I tell people that "rain is moving in because my back tells me it is"....or a cold front is moving in or whatever.

Right now my biggest problem is probably the sleep maintenance insomnia thing and the stress and grief sure isn't helping me sort it all out.
I have various tricks up my sleeves to try to help but nothing is a clear cut winner or consistent winner.

I know when I get a decent amount of hours of sleep (even if it is rather crappy sleep) I feel better than when I don't get enough hours of sleep (no matter how "good" it might be) so getting the sleep first is my main priority.

I can't take melatonin because it causes me vertigo and that's the LAST thing I need is more vertigo (still dealing with the BPPV thing that flared up last Sept with the parotitis problem I had.

I have Belsomra on hand for especially difficult times but it isn't the magic bullet. I don't take it all that often since I save it for emergencies like when I have had 3 nights in a row with less than 6 hours of sleep. Belsomra doesn't always work so great and when it works it's a marginal improvement at best. BUT enough marginal improvements do add up though. That's pretty much where I am at right now....trying to do enough things that give me marginal improvements that add up to better sleep.
At least with the Belsomra I don't have the daytime hangover effect that Ambien gave me. Ambien is great for helping a person fall asleep but it sucks for helping someone stay asleep and when you feel like crap the whole next day just from the hangover effect it's far from a good solution.

I have some "medicated" gummies on hand and I have discovered that adding in a good dose of CBN to the THC seems to also help.
It helps with the discomfort a bit and it sure helps with the stress and grief thing. Those are reserved for bedtime use though. I don't really care for how they make me feel during the day.

What I want is something that I can take at bedtime that will last more than 4 or 5 hours and I have yet to find it.
Still looking though and still trying. I don't know why I can have some "good" nights on occasion and other nights I end up feeling like death warmed over from not enough sleep.

I also recognize the depression that comes along with the stress and grief and guilt when we lose someone....that's a whole different ball game there. That's a work in progress for sure.
It's damn near impossible to flip that switch and turn off the brain.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:05 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:43 am
really bad pain is pretty much well managed
Good to hear! That's progress, right?
Pugsy wrote:
weather is a big factor
I have friends who have ended up moving permanently or snowbirding for that. Helped some. Not others, long-term.
Pugsy wrote:
. . . various tricks up my sleeves . . . still looking though and still trying . . . playing a game of whack a mole . . .
Keep whacking those moles! Glad you are keeping up the fight. I find it inspiring, myself. And thanks for all you do to help others with their fights. And thanks for being here.

May there be many more causes for bragging soon and more often for you!
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:00 pm

Great job Pugsy.
I know how pain affects life never mind sleep too.
Keep up the good work.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:58 am

Always good to see and feel progress. Gives a bit of hope. Wishing sustained improvement for you!