Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Adamby1047

Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data

Post by Adamby1047 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:48 pm

]Hello everyone, I would like your help in interpreting this data from the iMatrix software which is used to pull data from the Resvent ibreeze auto cpap machine. Unfortunately this machine is not compatible with OSCAR, so I am very limited in analyzing this data. However, I have noticed a trend ever since I got the machine.

For context, I am a 19y Male who has been struggling with osa for over a year now. It started off as just "a bad night of sleep" to now brain fog, visual issues (vision is just unexplainably blurry, eyes are always strained), and fatigue/sleepiness. I was diagnosed with an AHI of 7.7 back in december, and recieved my apap in december. The sleep doctor gave me the generic 4-20 range so I knew off the bat the doctors could really care less about my condiiton and just gave me a machine to charge my insurance. I started actually using the machine around new years, and till now have seen little improvement. I turned off ramp, increased the starting pressure, and used a chin strap/mouth tape to prevent mouth leaks. I would say that in the last 3 months, there have maybe been 5 days that I woke up and was like "wow, I slept ok". the remainder is still a struggle. Over time I realized that the apnea events themselves most likely not my biggest issue. For the last 1.5 months, my ahi has been <1. But I've still been feeling the same, and after looking at these charts I'm realizing I may have another issue.

My pressure settings are currently [8.7 - 13] although my machine very rarely even increases the pressure, meaning that the apnea events are likely taken care of. I am using a full face mask, and sleep on my side/back, although I make an active effort to try sleeping on my side. My ipr is set at 2. I notice that I have frequent events as seen in the first image. Some sort of increased respiratory effort, which I am 100% certain is fragmenting my sleep. It occurs every 10-15 mins -ish as seen in the second image. This trend lasts through the whole night, which I've noticed in all 3 months of my data. A full set of data with these "events" are seen in the last image. I am almost certain that this is disturbing my sleep and resulting in the same symptoms that I've been experiencing before. My dreams still feel fragmented and I wake up feeling as if I stayed up the whole night. The machine itself does not flag these sort of events and so I'm sure the machine isn't responding to the disturbance. If anyone has any experience with anything that looks similar to this, please advise me on what to do. Increase pressure? Decrease pressure? IPR? Any insight is helpful, as this is single-handedly crushing my quality of life. I'm not worried about the actual apnea events as the machine is able to mitigate those now. I'm sure that addressing these small respiratory distrubances so that my breathing is stable throughout the night will result in a world of a difference! Thank you guys for reading. If you have any questions please let me know.

the data from the images is (0.0 AI, 0.0 HI, 0.0 AHI, OAI 0.0, CAI 0.0, RERA 0.0, SNI 0.0). So my data is "perfect" but I suspect there's underlying issues not picked up by the machine, from what I mentioned above.
Image 1.PNG
Image 1.PNG (42.99 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Image 2.PNG
Image 2.PNG (57.88 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Image 4.PNG
Image 4.PNG (27.45 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
The data only shows about 4 hours. I went back to sleep after but with similar data. This is just demonstrating the trend.

Adamby1047

Re: Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data

Post by Adamby1047 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:54 am

Just realized that the images weren't linked properly. I have attached them now. Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:49 am

At least one of these 'spikes' looks like it corresponds with your leak graph... we can't see more.

Whatever it is, movement, coughing, etc it's not OSA. I'd kill for breath waveforms like that. Not used to seeing the pressure graph jump with each breath... Resmed has a different algorithm for the data I guess... my pressure reads constant for each breath even though I know the machine is modulating it... hence 'CPAP'. I guess I'd call that bi-level.

Next step is to obtain the O2 saturation data... it really gives another way to see what's going on. But that would be for OSA... not sure these graphs are showing it. If your breath is really twitching that often I don't see anything pressure-related you can do about it... tell us more about your sleep study, sounds like it was not done in a lab.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:31 am

Those look like sighs to me. But I wonder whether you're actually asleep in that snippet. The reason I wonder is that you're flow rate doesn't show any pauses between exhalation and inhalation. Do you see such pauses elsewhere?

I'd be curious whether your study evaluated you for periodic limb movements or restless leg syndrome.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:30 pm

Adamby1047 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:48 pm
]Hello everyone, I would like your help in interpreting this data from the iMatrix software which is used to pull data from the Resvent ibreeze auto cpap machine. Unfortunately this machine is not compatible with OSCAR, so I am very limited in analyzing this data. However, I have noticed a trend ever since I got the machine.
(snip)
Coincidentally this just came up on the Facebook CPAP page Cpap Support Group... you might be interested:

<>
I picked up a Resmed Airsense 10. Was previously using Resvent ibreeze but it had this pulsating issue that was driving me crazy. With that machine I never had a leak rate. I use Bleep Dreamports and mouth tape.
</>

They go on to describe a leak rate problem. Looks like this just may be a flakey brand of machine... they are not expensive by any means.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 am

Thank you for sharing details about a flakey machine.
Hopefully others can afford quality machines over cheap ones.
Sorry you are in this rut.