Do I need to turn off EPR and go CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MyIdaho

Re: Do I need to turn off EPR and go CPAP?

Post by MyIdaho » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:55 am

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:12 am
Glad to help. Once you get over 16cm you're verging on bi-level territory... consider a bi-level titration, just had one, sleeping much better at 17-21 PS4.
[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion. I feel my therapy is pretty well dialed in as is. My next big move will be transitioning from lift chair to a bed. I'm recovering from a Knee Replacement and a separated shoulder. Almost recovered to point where I can move back to a bed, sweet, can't wait! The lift chair was money well spent for recovery process but not a long term answer.

BTW, I did second night at cpap 16.8 cm and no EPR. Results mirrored the first night. A sleep doctor would say the therapy was successful as AHI was less than 5 but I did not wake up feeling rested. Definitely moving back to apap 16 to 18 and EPR=3. Last night's report is shown below.
https://sleephq.com/public/a4f6612c-f57 ... 2d70a573ab

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:52 am

BigWing wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:59 am
what you are saying here is the exact opposite of the spirit of this forum
Gosh, that seemed harsh!

I personally am still very much in the early experimental phase of dealing with my sleep apnea, and making good progress (at least in my understanding) thanks to folks on here and similar forums. Are you telling me I am no longer allowed to discuss my progress with my sleep doctor (if I had one)?
not at all. you do what you have to do. but read his/her two other posts. doesn't seem to be here to truly help anyone.

and the spirit of this forum is pretty much do it yourself. many of us haven't seen a doctor since our beginning of this sleep apnea journeys. this stems from the fact that a lot of us don't get any help from sleep doctors who seem to think once they've prescribed a machine, their job is finished.

not saying this is true across the board, if you'll excuse the pun. there ARE helpful sleep doctors but they seem to be rather thinly spread across the ground.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 pm

I do make yearly appointments with my doctor, but have only seen secondary providers
in his office for the last 10+ years.
I tell them what I am doing, and they note it on my chart.
It keeps Medicare happy (or not :lol: ) and my DME sells me only what I really need.