Help for this weekend pls?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bran

Help for this weekend pls?

Post by bran » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 pm

As mentioned previously for whatever reason the N30i Nasal cushion I tried last night again and had all sorts of issues. I mentioned that for the pressures that are fine for my P30i are not for the N30i and Pugsy kindly replied that this was an inigma and had not heard of this situation before.

Anyway, my Sleep Center kindly sent me a N20 to try out and with my limited knowledge but due to my having slight difficulty exhaling, I increased the Epap setting from 6-7. Left the Ipap as it was on 15. Did I do right.....increasing the pressure or should I have decreased it? Sorry, nobody else to ask and as it's weekend, going to try and experiment somewhat, but don't want to totally eff up, so any help appreciated....

Pugsy

Re: Help for this weekend pls?

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm

What mode?
What is your PS?
bran wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 pm
I increased the Epap setting from 6-7. Left the Ipap as it was on 15. Did I do right.....increasing the pressure or should I have decreased it?
Impossible to answer because
1...we don't have all your settings available
2...we don't know what the problem was/is so there's no way to know how to fix something we don't know what the problem is.
3...my crystal ball is broken :lol:

Please don't tell me that your PS is 8. That's what you would have with EPAP 7 and IPAP 15.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bran

Post by bran » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm

Thx Pugsy, appreciate it. This is what I wrote before......hope it gives slightly more info. This is all very new to me so please bear with me with what would appear as a stupid post, it will get better, the more I learn. :D

Have a Resmed Curve 11, VAuto setting. Been using the Airfit P30i cushion Max IPAP setting 15.00. Min EPAP 6.00 with a start EPAP of 5. PS 4. Ramp 20 mins.

Insp. Pressure. 14.1 Exp. Pressure. 10.1(Last month using the above)

Nostrils just getting a bit sore plus occasionally one getting blocked so thought I would give the N30i cushion a try as it just fits over the nose as opposed to nostril inserts. Tried albeit for 3 minutes last night. Slightly too much air when I breathe in but hardly any air breathing out and it's making it very uncomfortable and wondered what pressures need to be adjusted? Plus surprised that I need to alter the pressures and wondered why? Is it because this cushion has a larger area of air to circulate as opposed to the nasal pillow?
Many thx...

In answer to your main question you had replied to me the other day when I mentioned that I'm having trouble exhaling somewhat with the N30i but not with the P30i. And you had not ever come across this, altering pressures for different, mask/nasal attachments.....

So this is my question again. I as mentioned increased the epap pressures by 1. Is this correct? I would just like to try with the new devises?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 pm

Try your new settings (the increase in EPAP) while awake for about 10 minutes.
You should be able to tell how it goes.

Turn ramp off because unless you have changed the ramp starting pressure setting it is probably giving you EPAP 4 and PS 4 which makes IPAP 8 when you first start the machine. EPAP 4 could be the problem if you were using ramp.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bran

Post by bran » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 pm

Ok..will do. Only just managed to get back online again as same previous problem, but you wanted to know...Many thx again.