New User Can't Stop Leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Karu5

New User Can't Stop Leaks

Post by Karu5 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

Hi, all. I got my device in the mail a couple days ago and haven't been able to even try it at night. I turn it on and everything feels right, but then the machine shuts down and gives an error message - "High leak; connect tubing."

I have a ResMed Air11 and a Philips Dreamwear Nasal mask. I've tried the Mask Fit function too, and it starts with a green checkmark ("great mask seal") and quickly changes to a yellow exclamation point ("adjust your mask to improve your seal"). I've been able to wear it sitting on a couch for 45 minutes without the machine shutting off.

I'm desperate to start using it and can't figure out what's wrong. Please help!

Edit: Potentially solved the issue. One of the seals in the water chamber was stuck a weird way. Aligning that seems to have fixed it, though sometimes I have to take the chamber out and replace it to get it working again. Thankfully it sounds like a super quiet sound machine now instead of the jet engine it initially was.
Last edited by Karu5 on Wed May 01, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Re: New User Can't Stop Leaks

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:45 am

Check to make sure the humidifier water chamber is fully and completely inserted.
I get that message and those results when I haven't got the water chamber inserted fully.
It's not so much the mask itself that is leaking. Instead it is a big leak in the circuit due to water chamber not sealing completely inside the area where the water chamber slides in to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Karu5

Post by Karu5 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 pm

I'll have to play around with it some more. I pulled the water chamber out, made sure it was snapped shut, and push it as hard as I could. It clicked, so I think it's all the way in.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm

The Airsense/Aircurve 11 series has a hose connection defect. This results in leaks when pulled to the side, like you would if you use the thing normally.

The workaround is to face the unit away from you in use so the hose goes straight toward you. Here's Uncle Nick's video on the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAs01WRPtGk

Karu5

Post by Karu5 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 pm

Thanks for the help! I'll mess with my machine and see if that's the issue. Crazy that the model made it out of testing.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:07 pm

If you can't get it sorted out easily....take it back to where you got it and let them give it a try as well.
While it might be something simple that needs to be done.....it isn't impossible that you got a lemon and there is a 2 year warranty on these things (in the USA anyway).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Really

Post by Really » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:00 pm

Karu5 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 pm
Crazy that the model made it out of testing.
They may only test every other 100 units or so or not at all. Really
You Can't Fix Stupid Really