AirFit F40 Thoughts?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jlsmithseven

AirFit F40 Thoughts?

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm

SO I haven't seen someone post a thread about this mask really yet. I just got it because I've pretty much tried every newer resmed mask and would love to transition to full face if I can get comfortable with one. I tried many and the AirTouch F20 was the only half bearable one. I tested this one and I can honestly say the comfort level compared to any other hybrid mask I've tried is substantially better. Being a side sleeper I noticed it right away. I don't notice that much difference from my P10 I currently use, other than all that air hitting my lower lip area. If I can get used to that maybe this is a winner, I am hopeful. I've had terrible dry mouth for months now and I believe it's because I slightly open my mouth at night. I've tried the tape and everything imaginable also. Just wanted to hear any other thoughts on side sleeping with this mask and what helped you transition.

Wbferrara

Re: AirFit F40 Thoughts?

Post by Wbferrara » Thu May 02, 2024 8:51 am

Been using the F40 for about two weeks. Really like it. Had been using the F30, but was attracted to the all silicone mask and reconfigured head gear. It seems quieter, and once I got the straps adjusted just right (took 2 nights) I find that side sleeping is fine, no leaks, and no more strap marks when I wake up. A little concern had been raised that the attached hose segment is not heated, but have not had any rainout issues. Happy with the change.

Bluper

Post by Bluper » Thu May 02, 2024 9:28 am

I've been using the F40 for a month now. For me, it's the best mask I've ever had.(And I have them all!) I sleep sorta on my side and stomach. My face is always smashed into my pillow. The F 40 lets me do this pain and leak free. My only complaint is the small/wide cushion only comes with standard headgear. I had to buy small headgear to make it work. I wish Resmed would make a fit pack for this one.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 02, 2024 12:06 pm

Is there a divider on the nasal slot or just one open slot?

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:06 pm
Is there a divider on the nasal slot or just one open slot?
Divider. Two nare holes. Personally wish the nose cradle was more like the Evora.

JPB

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Thu May 02, 2024 5:21 pm

I tried it two nights so far for 40 minutes a piece, then put my P10 back on and fell asleep in 10 minutes. I've been spoiled by the comfort of this mask that unfortunately I don't think I can get used to a full face. I will admit though that all the reviews of people saying its comfort level is way better than all the other hybrids I've tried and I definitely agree but I cant get used to it! My main reason for trying it is because I think my mouth opens ever so slightly at night and that just feeds air in my mouth and makes my throat dry. Its been a very long time since I didn't wake up wanting to down a glass of water. Not sure what else to do.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sun May 05, 2024 12:47 pm

I love the P10 since it seals so well at high pressure (I am >17 cm of H2O). I have been using the Ultimate Chin Strap (https://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/) for 14 years to control mouth leaking. I line it with a clean sock.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/