Hybrid and run away pressure

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepingBear

Hybrid and run away pressure

Post by sleepingBear » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:46 am

I received my hybrid and used it for 2 night with the same problem both nights.

Based on what I have read in other threads here I have the old version and old headgear, I've ordered the new headgear from cpap.com.

The problem I'm having is runaway pressure, The mask fits well and is comfortable, I fall asleep and it appears that I start to have an event and the pressure starts rising and continues to rise until I wake up from the high pressure and excessive leaks. I shut off the machine and turn it back on to get the pressure back down. fall asleep and the same thing happens.

half way through the night I switch back to my activa. In the morning I look at the output in Encore Pro and Encore pro analyzer and it confirms my experience.

It seems that with the hybrid my machine does not manage the pressure, but it does a great job with the Activa.

My APAP is set from 9-16 which has worked very well for me with my Activa.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions?

I like the fit and comfort of the hybrid, I'm guessing I need to get my hands on the new mask and head gear.

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Software, previous machines Remstar PR System One 60 Series Auto, Remstar Auto M

sleepingBear

Post by sleepingBear » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:59 am

Here is an example of what is happening

After the second reset I switched back to my Activa

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Software, previous machines Remstar PR System One 60 Series Auto, Remstar Auto M

cpapnewby

Post by cpapnewby » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:02 am

You may do better with the new Adaptive Flow shell. Call the customer service number (800-200-9842) and see if they'll send you a new shell.

Jim