Anyone familiar with Cigna?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oceanpearl

Anyone familiar with Cigna?

Post by oceanpearl » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 am

Do they rent or buy the machines outright?
If they rent, what is the rental period?
I just want to go back to sleep!

DP

Post by DP » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:02 am

I am not sure if it differs from state to state, but as far as I know they purchase the machines not rent and they have an exclusive contract with Apria Healthcare.
DP
RPSGT

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:07 am

DP wrote:I am not sure if it differs from state to state, but as far as I know they purchase the machines not rent and they have an exclusive contract with Apria Healthcare.
I lost a machine in the airport. Picked up a different one on Yahoo . Don't know how long before I am in the clear.
I just want to go back to sleep!

BarbarainCT

Post by BarbarainCT » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:45 am

I am in Connecticut and have a Cigna Open Access policy. They paid for my cpap and mask in full. While my policy is open access, I was unable to find a DME other than Apria who would accept their insurance.

Apria was 'unable' to obtain the machine that had originally been prescribed and went back to my doctor to change the prescription.

sleepingBear

Post by sleepingBear » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:56 am

I have to agree with BarbarainCT, I also have CIGNA and they buy instead of renting.

Although they say they are no longer exclusive with Apria I have not been able to find anyone that they work with in CT, MA or RI.

I cann CIGNA and they give me a nice long list of DME's "they think" they are contracted with. I called every single one in a 100 miles radius and the "ONLY" one that is contracted with them is Apria.

And IMHO Apria sucks. if you have to go with Apria call and pester them every day and when they send you something don't expect it to be correct.

In my experience they are wrong 80% of the time. On my last order I asked for a mask, hose and filters. On the invoice and packing slip it said mask, hose and filters. In the box was a mask and filters. No hose. Mind you this is after calling at least once a week for the past 2 month's and 3 times they have sent me the wrong filters.

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Software, previous machines Remstar PR System One 60 Series Auto, Remstar Auto M

lvwildcat

Post by lvwildcat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Kind of strange...3 of us at work all have Cigna. My equipment was bought out after 10 months of rental;2nd nurse hers was bought out after 15 months;3rd nurse -she is still paying copays after 2 1/2 years!! Not only that but we all have different DMES. I heard in Jan. Cigna signed a national exclusive contract with guess who? APRIA!!! All 3 of us were allowed to stay with our current DMEs. I have told my friend who is still making copays after over 2 years to call Cigna for the scoop. Her response is that she keeps forgetting. Hey if you have extra money to throw away every month...toss some my way!

DP

Post by DP » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:15 pm

I guess it is official. Apria sucks!
DP
RPSGT

snoozeandlose

Post by snoozeandlose » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Both Cigna and Apria suck.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:10 am

I think it really depends on the policy and the Apria location I got my Bipap auto and 5 different mask in 4 months $0 to me and have never seen a bill from Apria. Now we have BCBS and it is $1500.00 ded. and 80% that is what sucks.