Used machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oceanpearl

Used machines

Post by oceanpearl » Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 am

There have been several mentions of used machines here and I think the idea needs to be pursued.
Ebay will not allow medical devices and Yahoo is closing down their auction site on June 3.
What other options are available for used machines?
I for one would like to have a backup machine.
I just want to go back to sleep!

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu May 31, 2007 10:42 am

I'd like to know the expected life of a machine is. I know the life of a Subaru Outback, and can judge low miles there, but I don't know the life of a Remstar Auto Pro w/C-Flex.

Anyone know where that particular comparison chart lives online? Den?

Cheers,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Thu May 31, 2007 10:53 am

I don't know about the "Pro", but the life expectancy of a RemStar Auto/
C-Flex is about 20 minutes after I take it apart..

People have more fun than anybody..

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 31, 2007 11:00 am

Babette wrote:I'd like to know the expected life of a machine is. I know the life of a Subaru Outback, and can judge low miles there, but I don't know the life of a Remstar Auto Pro w/C-Flex.

Cheers,
It can't be compaired, due to the Luck Factor. A good thing to remember, eight hours a day times 365 days = one years use. Comes out about 3,000 hours. They are warrentied for 2 year, and replaced every 5 years.

So if it's not mis-represented, 3,000 hrs is a fairly safe bet, the lower the better. and the hours need to be total blower hours, not patient use hours which can be reset. I comes down to the money you pay and luck, not that a good deal can't be had, but it's a gamble. After you have used it two years you will know it's worth. I have 2,500 hours on my APAP, so it's been worth it. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Thu May 31, 2007 11:05 am

[quote="Babette"]I'd like to know the expected life of a machine is. I know the life of a Subaru Outback, and can judge low miles there, but I don't know the life of a Remstar Auto Pro w/C-Flex.

Cheers,
B.

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 am

Thanks! That gives me a frame of refence!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Thu May 31, 2007 12:01 pm

[quote="Babette"]I'd like to know the expected life of a machine is. I know the life of a Subaru Outback, and can judge low miles there, but I don't know the life of a Remstar Auto Pro w/C-Flex.

Cheers,
B.
I had over 13,000 hrs on a CPAP pro and it was still chugging along.
I just want to go back to sleep!

DP

Post by DP » Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 pm

I have some used inventory I have been trying to get rid of and am will to sell to anybody here that is intersted. This is what I have:

2 S7 CPAP machines with 2i heated humidifiers $225.00 each

1 Solo LX Machine $125.00

2 HC604 CPAP machines $250.00 each

I'll set pressure and you pay shipping.

Also, I do own auction software that operates the same as ebay/yahoo, etc. I have considered starting a used CPAP auction site, but didn't know if there was a market for such a thing. Perhaps I should consider it.

DP
RPSGT

dewey.bertolini

Post by dewey.bertolini » Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 pm

Yes, DP. By all means, consider it!

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 pm

Another question about used machines: How about reconditioned machines? Recertified machines? Are they like new machines? Are they the same thing?

Thank you.

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

DP

Post by DP » Thu May 31, 2007 1:10 pm

The machines I have, have been cleaned and checked to make sure they hold their pressure. They are perfectly good machines. In fact I think the HC604's still have their warranty.
DP
RPSGT

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 31, 2007 3:24 pm

The only place that could remanufacter and recertify machines would be the manafacturer. Even then the quality would depend on who, what, when and where it was done, and more important the warrenty.

Except for a second machine (Back-up), the money would be better spent on a newer machine that could track your progress correctly. Seeing as half of the machines are hiding in a closet unused, those should make good backups. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Doc Voodoo

Re: Used machines

Post by Doc Voodoo » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:18 am

oceanpearl wrote:There have been several mentions of used machines here and I think the idea needs to be pursued.
Ebay will not allow medical devices and Yahoo is closing down their auction site on June 3.
What other options are available for used machines?
I for one would like to have a backup machine.
This looks like the next hot palce to go for used CPAP

http://www.medmarketplace.com/subcats.asp?subcatID=89

10 years RRT Homecare with 2 years as a Sleep Tech

CPAP-forum

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:29 am

Anyone know how long a 'tank' can sit unused in a closet and still be effective once you decide to use it?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 am

In a few years I'll let you know. I have two un mine one new the other was bought new. I'm wearing my auction machine out first.