Hybrid feedback anybody?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
roster

Post by roster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 am

Anonymous wrote:I like the Hybrid mask itself. The headgear (evan the new one) sucks big time. Having had a problem with the original headgear I called and was sent the new head gear. Guess what, it probably has the worst Velcro that I have ever encountered. After using the mask for a month I dare you to try and put put the mask on without a piece of the Velcro popping loose.
What a shame that such a simple thing as headgear would turn you against a mask.
I wonder if you really have the "new" headgear? I have been using it nightly for months and the Velcro has never loosened.

The new headgear is black on the outside and grey underneath. The old is solid black.

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:45 am

Doug,

I'm in a unique position that I have both. I prefer nasal pillows myself and can't get either the hybrid or the liberty to properly work for me.

I would be willing to sell you both so you can see which you prefer for the price that the liberty is selling for now on cpap.com. The hybrid I used for no more than a few hours, the liberty mere minutes. They just don't seem to work for my facial geometry.

I do think the liberty is more refined, in that the pillows are shaped more anatomically and fit at a better angle in the nose. But the hybrid mouthguard seems to fit me persoally better (but I can't get the pillows to stay seated properly.) I would send you everything including new and old headgear for the hybrid, all the accessories etc.

I would recommend purchasing the sanitation solution cpap.com carries although I don't have any health issues other than apnea. I can send them to you cleaned with soap and water.

Pm me if you are interested. I'll send you my email and you can paypal me.

Jen

geoDoug

Post by geoDoug » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:16 pm

rooster wrote:Keep the username, change the avatar to a geoduck.
Like that?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:16 pm

rooster wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I like the Hybrid mask itself. The headgear (evan the new one) sucks big time. Having had a problem with the original headgear I called and was sent the new head gear. Guess what, it probably has the worst Velcro that I have ever encountered. After using the mask for a month I dare you to try and put put the mask on without a piece of the Velcro popping loose.
What a shame that such a simple thing as headgear would turn you against a mask.
I wonder if you really have the "new" headgear? I have been using it nightly for months and the Velcro has never loosened.

The new headgear is black on the outside and grey underneath. The old is solid black.
Got it directly from customer service around a month ago and it is black and grey.

tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Ocean Pearl,

I've had my Hybrid for 2 months and I have the exact opposite complaint about the Velcro: it takes some serious muscle to pry it open! I sometimes even have to remove the headgear in order to loosen/tighten a strap. So no, I've never had the Velcro pop open. Quite the opposite.

jabberwock

Post by jabberwock » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:49 pm

Well done on the avatar "gooeyDoug"

Of course, since it looked like a giant fighting pickle to me, I had to use Rooster's link to figure out what it was all about.

Leave it up to a university to choose a local phallic symbol for their mascot and a Latin motto translating to "let it all hang out"

Good sleuthing Rooster, thanks.

Bonnie

new2

Post by new2 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:27 pm

I Have both
Try The teleflex hybrid . Great mask!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 am

tillymarigold wrote:
Ocean Pearl,

I've had my Hybrid for 2 months and I have the exact opposite complaint about the Velcro: it takes some serious muscle to pry it open! I sometimes even have to remove the headgear in order to loosen/tighten a strap. So no, I've never had the Velcro pop open. Quite the opposite.
Had two straps pop loose when I was putting it on last night. Thinking about having my wife sew a better grade of Velcro on it for me.

roster

Post by roster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 am

Anonymous wrote:....
Had two straps pop loose when I was putting it on last night. Thinking about having my wife sew a better grade of Velcro on it for me.
This is out of the ordinary for the new headgear. Call Respcare at 800-200-9842 and report the complaint. I bet they will send you a new one.

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:19 am

Just called them and they are sending out a replacement TODAY!- She said that it is the very first complaint on the new headgear And said that it could have been a bad piece of velcro.
THE MAIN THING IS THE RESPONSE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I just want to go back to sleep!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:28 pm

I would call that good customer service.
Picture Resmed saying "we'll have that S8 repaired today and sent right out today, don't you worry! "

tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:05 pm

oceanpearl wrote:Just called them and they are sending out a replacement TODAY!- She said that it is the very first complaint on the new headgear And said that it could have been a bad piece of velcro.
Be warned, you may regret it.

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Guest, are you sure you have the latest headgear, with the grey color on
the inside? I have found the velcro on the latest version to be very strong,
indeed.

I have used the Hybrid for exactly one year, now, and I'm starting
to have some problems. My face gets very wet and the mask is slipping.
My GP thinks this is the result of an over-active thyroid condition, that he is
trying to solve. Anyone else have hot faces from thyroid conditions?

People have more fun than anybody..

tangents

Post by tangents » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:28 am

I'm one of the ones that can't get the Hybrid to seal.

I'm saving it for the nights when our air conditioner konks out...

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:50 am

oceanpearl wrote:Just called them and they are sending out a replacement TODAY!- She said that it is the very first complaint on the new headgear And said that it could have been a bad piece of velcro.
It's sooo funny. Before I called I had sent them an email.
Their responce to the email was "contact the dealer that you purchas it from". RIGHT!!! Like Apria is going to do anything within several weeks.
I just want to go back to sleep!