5 Weeks on CPAP, IT DOES get better

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
danmc

Post by danmc » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Allergy season bites. I was amazed when the new allergy guy I see said that all the allergies I had were easily treated with a course of inoculations. He just said something like " Its worked for 90 years, works well and has few side effects. it just takes a couple years and is a bit expensive"

Apparently a needle regularly just beneath the skin.

Weird, I can't believe its that simple though after years of sprays, pills and potions. Can it be?

He did give me some flixonase drops for my nozzle and that really helped. In fact my nose problems are the best they have been since my surgery. I've mentioned allergies and congestion to dozens of docs, how come this guy is the first one to offer these treatments I wonder.

danmc

Post by danmc » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:30 pm

You guys ride 64 miles on a bike? Is your TV broken?

Seriously, thats further than I like to drive most days.

Insomniyak

Post by Insomniyak » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 pm

64 miles? Must be in good shape then.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Well, Dan it IS that "simple". And that expensive. You go in for shots FOR YEARS. In my case, with my variable employment, I can't sign up for something that will take years, then have my medical coverage yanked, and then have to stop the treatment.

So.... I'm doing pretty well with my current cocktail of Flonase and Symbicort. And I stockpile it now while I have insurance, against the time when I won't.

Good luck with that!
B.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am

Hi danmc,

Your head feels like "Wilson"? Prompts me to share a story. A couple years ago I drove over to Holyoke, Mass and visited the Volleyball Hall of Fame. There were only two of us there, me and the college kid guard.

There was a lot to see and it was great but after half an hour, I commented to the guard that the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY has thousands of baseballs on display, but this place had NO volleyballs. He said, "wait a minute, there's one in the safe, let me get it out."

He did, and it was the original "Wilson", signed by the whole cast. He let me hold it. Cool. Come to think of it, it DID resemble your head.

Insomniyak

Post by Insomniyak » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 am

WILSON!!!

danmc

Post by danmc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:38 pm

ThatMaskedMan wrote:Hi danmc,

Your head feels like "Wilson"? Prompts me to share a story. A couple years ago I drove over to Holyoke, Mass and visited the Volleyball Hall of Fame. There were only two of us there, me and the college kid guard.

There was a lot to see and it was great but after half an hour, I commented to the guard that the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY has thousands of baseballs on display, but this place had NO volleyballs. He said, "wait a minute, there's one in the safe, let me get it out."

He did, and it was the original "Wilson", signed by the whole cast. He let me hold it. Cool. Come to think of it, it DID resemble your head.
LOL, more than you know....

danmc

Post by danmc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Did anyone else get a lump in their throat when he lost Wilson? I have an excuse of course since it was visually like losing a family member.

Mr hanks can act is my point.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Isn't that where Wilson makes them things? In MA?

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

ez4u2say

Post by ez4u2say » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:28 am

I am a big ole boy myself and have been using cpap for almost four years. It didnt help with the weight but I don't fall asleep driving anymore and have much more energy. I couldn't sleep without it now andI sleep on my stomach which took a little getting used to with a mask on my face.
jnk wrote:carbonman,

Glad to hear you are arising from the abyss.

You sound great to me, and I can't even hear your voice!

If I had your machine, I would definately have the software already. And I will probably get the software for mine, once I save up for it, a card, and a reslink cord. But right now it's all I can do to figure out what I'm looking at on the lcd screen of my machine. Fortunately, it does give a lot of info on the screen. So at least I've got THAT going for me!

I've heard some say they wait one week between pressure tweaks, just to be sure they aren't reacting to a one-night, or few-night, anomaly. Just a thought.

I was well on my way to BP meds, diabetes, and worse. My hope is that the PAP therapy will give me enough of an edge to finally be able to take on my obesity with all my (and my wife's) willpower.

I don't worry about sticking with the therapy, now that I know about all the helpful experienced ones in this forum. And, OK, I admit it--I did glance once or twice in one or two other forums for a visit. I just wouldn't want to live there.

Let's all of us midyear08-ers vow to be there for each other in the coming years!

jnk

ez4u2say

Post by ez4u2say » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 am

Funny thing I just watched that movie on tv last night. Great movie not the best ending but Wilson wasn't much of a talker lol.
Insomniyak wrote:Image

WILSON!!!

danmc

Post by danmc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 am

LOL I should use that pic as my avatar, it's like I have a twin.