Welcome To The New CPAPtalk.com! Post Bugs/Questions Here.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman

Re: Welcome To The New CPAPtalk.com! Post Bugs/Questions Here.

Post by Wulfman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Snoredog wrote:
rested gal wrote:Is there a way to delete one's own post before a reply has happened?

I accidentally made a double post (this was the second one: viewtopic.php?p=289121#p289121 )

The old board provided a Delete button as well as the Edit button, if no replies had been posted yet. There were no replies yet, but I couldn't find any way to get rid of my extra post. Perhaps I'm just overlooking something obvious?
You mean like going Back to the Future??

I'll ask Dr. Emmett Brown
That's funny.....I thought you WERE Dr. Emmett Brown.....

ala....."someday science will catch up to what I'm saying..."

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

feeling_better

Post by feeling_better » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:34 pm

feeling_better wrote:
johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy All,

We are back up ahead of schedule. We're currently combing the site for bugs, broken links, etc.

Early on, we're looking pretty good.

Johnny
Hi Johnny,
Looks good. How about force resize all the avatars to the size of your avatar? After that, please reduce the width allocated on the left for avatars and profile to about half of what I see now, so that less space is wasted for static stuff, and more msgs can be viewed, less scrolling around? I do not know how currently the left profile width is set? Is it a fixed number of pixels, or does it stretch for all msgs, if somebody has an AOUS (Avatar of Unusual Size, as in the ROUS of Prince's Bride)?
Johnny, it is extremely simple for you to force standard size avatar. You already have the image size tags in there, currently they are using the avatar actual image size. Just make the width to be 96 pixels for all of them.

Also to save on msg space, how about moving the machine/mask profile part to the left area? For most msgs, this would save some space.
Resmed S9 Elite cpap mode, H5i Humidifier, Swift FX Bella L nasal pillows

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Bookbear wrote:I suppose you could edit and delete the text of your post, but that would end up leaving an empty post still on the board.
Yeah, I tried that after I couldn't find a "delete" button like usual. It won't let you do a blank message. Says the message has to have at least two characters in it... or something like that.

Hmm.. two characters. That could be me and just about anyone else on this board, couldn't it? LOL!!
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Blackneto

Post by Blackneto » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:10 pm

hrrm i don't see the link for "posts since last visit"
is that an option anymore?

new-to-BiPAP

Post by new-to-BiPAP » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm

2 things...

1st, I have not been able to successfully do a search yet. I tried to search for a previous post of time but it didn't find any. Then I thought I'd look for something easy so I typed in 'AHI'...still nothing and surely there are posts with that in them...

2nd. Many time I am looking and reading and I want to post, but if I am not logged in it requires me to log in. When I do log in it starts me back out on the main page (it did the same thing at the old cpaptalk.com). Then I have to search for the post I wanted to reply to before I can do so. Is there any way to make that easier? So when you log in it goes back to what you were looking at? Other boards allow you to do that...

Thanks!
new-to-BiPAP

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Haven't tagged here, but on other forums (it's a function of the forum software), you can tag your own posts only. Once you tag a post of yours (with one or more descriptive words), others can search for posts that also use your tag word(s). The problem with tagging in a forum is that is no controlled vocabulary (there's that phrase again!); so what you call 'aerophagia', someone else calls 'gas' or 'stomach air' or even misspells as 'aerofagia'. A search on 'aerophagia' would miss all those other terms. Thus the value of a controlled vocabulary in a library setting... subject headings are assigned on the basis of a standardized set of terms that are always used to describe like or similar subjects.

Librarians do a whole heck of a lot more than stamping dates due in books... next time you are in a library, go the the catalog (on line or, if a very old library, card catalog) and marvel at the complexity, orderliness, and efficiency of it. Someone cataloged all those items, and that someone was a librarian.Image

(And no, I am not advocating the use of a controlled vocabulary for this forum.

Mark
(who is proud to have been a librarian for 35 years)

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi Johnny,

I haven't seen anyone else mention this but I was clicking around out of curiosity and when I clicked on Product Challenge, I got:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_active' in 'where clause'

SELECT u.* FROM secure_global.global_usertbl u, phpbb_sessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 7640 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id = '7f6392017d841a44a1b76bbde8605c23'

Line : 89
File : sessions.php

France

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

At 8pm EDT I got into chat OK, but now at 9pm I can't - I get the blue screen with the 3 rectangles, and a cursor is blinking in the top one, but when I try to type my name, it doesn't do anything, just stays blinking.

ThatMaskedMan

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Gonna have to change my ID to GrumpyOleBroad!

I live out in the sticks, old-fashioned SLOW dial-up is my only option and this new format is slower than the previous. *sigh* Takes a lott fun outta replying to or making a post.

And those gender icons are so tiny who can read them anyway? Why not just give us good ole M and F for gender?

I was amazed tho at how early you accomplished the deed! You didn't let any moss grow under your feet! Thanks for getting us up and running again so quickly.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:35 pm

OK please disregard my post of a half hour ago. I had been to some newspaper sites that gave me pop-up ads that kind of went underneath into hiding but were still there tying things up. I quit Safari and had a dickens of a time getting rid of those ads but after I did, I was able to get onto chat no problem.

Ren

Post by Ren » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 pm

What does it mean when the red "page" icon to the left of a post is "scrolling"?

Thanks.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Trying again,
1) There is no edit button
2) There's nothing to let you know if you're logged in or not?
3) There's no spellcheck ?
Could you please fix these issues, thank you, MikDee

MikDee

Post by MikDee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Ok, at least I can log in now.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:32 pm

In the old system, when clicking on "chat", the live chat opened in a new window (at least in IE).

That was very useful, so that chatters could go back and forth between chatting and reading posts.

Now, it appears that "chat" opens in the existing message board window, replacing it.

Can you arrange for "chat" to once again open in a new window? Thanks.

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:44 pm

Great look and feel, Johnny! Big kudos to your coders as well!

Slinky wrote:And those gender icons are so tiny who can read them anyway? Why not just give us good ole M and F for gender?

Hey Slink, place your mouse cursor directly over the gender sign (use mine at the left). When you do the text "Male", "Female", or "None Specified" appears!