Welcome To The New CPAPtalk.com! Post Bugs/Questions Here.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
johnnygoodman

Welcome To The New CPAPtalk.com! Post Bugs/Questions Here.

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:35 am

Greetings CPAPtalkers,

Welcome to the new CPAPtalk.com. Please post any bugs or issues you see with the new design to this thread. Coders and a project lead are standing by to address them.

I love CPAPtalk and I know many of you do as well. This re-design respects what CPAPtalk already is. Instead of radical changes, we have focused on smoothing the rough edges.

Our site search works. Our login system works. We have simplified icon based navigation in our header. We have a New Users section. Our forum topics are on the main page with avatars. Topic titles are in large, bold, easy to read font. Guests can post as always but are now required to input a captcha for spam prevention. Our report spam system remains as a second line of defense.

We have added a content box to CPAPtalk. On the left are the CPAP and Sleep Apnea new items. In the middle is product specific news including newly listed CPAP.com products, CPAPtalk Product Challenge Announcements and manufacturer interviews. On the right are tags. We will keep all posts in one category, but now you can tag threads to create a new layer of organization. This box can be hidden and if you are logged in, our system will remember your preference.

All of these things make CPAPtalk easier to use. None of them change what CPAPtalk is. We're going to keep that just the same for every next new user who comes needing help.

Johnny

johnnygoodman

Re: Welcome To The New CPAPtalk.com! Post Bugs/Questions Here.

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Howdy All,

We are back up ahead of schedule. We're currently combing the site for bugs, broken links, etc.

Early on, we're looking pretty good.

Johnny

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Looks much better, but I was really hoping for another board brand, I knew it was going to stay the same.. One thing I don't see is a edit post function. Also you don't see when you are logged in, except in posts you have made. It is much better on our eyes for us blind folks.

I don't see spellcheck.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:12 pm

The above was Goofproof. I am trying again, I thought I was logged in but was guested, It came up I had to type the security screen then I was guested, we'll try this again, I know it says I'm logged it this time. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 pm

is it possible to add this link to the top of the thread like the old format?

viewtopic/t33986/viewforum.php?f=1

The <Return to Sleep Apnea and CPAP (Read Posts...link) only appears at the bottom on new template, on the old template it was also at the top, so you could return to the Index of Posts without having to scroll all the way to the bottom. It was more convenient at both the top and bottom is all, saves a lot of wear and tear on the mouse scroller

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Howdy,

Our coder was just adjusting our cookie settings. I too got guested. I'm assured that the reason for it was that I was surfing while he was editing.

<fingers crossed>

Please report any further guesting.

Johnny

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Snoredog wrote:is it possible to add this link to the top of the thread like the old format?

viewtopic/t33986/viewforum.php?f=1

The <Return to Sleep Apnea and CPAP (Read Posts...link) only appears at the bottom on new template, on the old template it was also at the top, so you could return to the Index of Posts without having to scroll all the way to the bottom. It was more convenient at both the top and bottom is all, saves a lot of wear and tear on the mouse scroller
Yes. We missed this. It is being worked on now.

Mile High Sleeper

getting Home from New Users Guide

Post by Mile High Sleeper » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:24 pm

Site looks good.
When I was in the New User's Guide, it took some time to get to the cpaptalk.com home page or forum page. I finally figured out that clicking on Read took me there.
How about labeling it Read/Home ?
MHS

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them. - Albert Einstein

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. - Mother Teresa

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:40 pm

It looks Great! Good Job! I had to post to test this out, and see if there's any bugs in the system. By the way, thank you for making everything a little bigger, including the text for us older optically challenged folks Yes as another poster has mentioned, I don't see the spellcheck? Then again some of us don't need it , But I'm afraid I'm not in that category Also, one question, where is the store, or CPAPauction link? Thanks Mike

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:45 pm

I see no Edit button, so I had to post again, as my last post was as a guest? and my picture is missing?
MikDee-aka- Mike-aka- Guest

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Like the new format, will take awhile to get use to it. If I find anything amiss, will let you know, so far looks good to me.

Regards,

Dan

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Looks good! and THANKS! for providing this forum.

Would it be possible to be able to see who is in chat???
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

sleepngo

Post by sleepngo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Guest wrote:Like the new format, will take awhile to get use to it. If I find anything amiss, will let you know, so far looks good to me.

Regards,

Dan
Looks like I got quested, loged in just now.

Dan

tuna

Post by tuna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:59 pm

WOW! Like the new setup! Now to learn to navigate again!

HOSEHEADS of America: Striving for that long lost good nights sleep!

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi, haven't been on the updated board long but have one issue. The size is obviously set for the maximum resolution of my 17" LCD monitor 1280x1024, however I cannot see much at that so I run at 1024x768. I had problems with the last one but managed.

This one is off the charts big. Resizing only affects the posts so the header is about 1.5 screen widths. I know you can read actual settings, can you set your pages to fit what is used?

Just thought of a second issue. Please move the login button to the far left. I futzed around trying top login with failed attempts - I somehow found the registration page. Finally I scrolled to the far right and found it.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.