PurSleep (xPAP Aromatherapy) SURVEY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

If I had received PurSleep product samples when I first received my xPAP,

I would have gladly tried it right away.
49%
I might have tried it after the first few hours of trying to get to sleep.
12%
I might have tried it by the second or third night.
33%
I would have tossed it out with all of the other promotional stuff my DME gave me.
7%

Total votes: 121

mindy

Re: PurSleep (xPAP Aromatherapy) SURVEY

Post by mindy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

I checked that I might have tried a sample after a few nights.

Although the coupon idea is a good one (and certainly sounds cheaper to implement), I personally would be more likely to try a sample than a coupon. I very much enjoy "Peace" as I'm drifting off to sleep. I doubt there's a practical way to do this, but if you could somehow have one group receive the coupon and another the sample, then ask as part of the order process how they heard about Pur-Sleep (e.g. coupon, sample, word-of-mouth, web site, other) you might get a better idea of what works.

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

ReginaJ

Post by ReginaJ » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm

I used my first sample last night, the french vanilla. It was FABULOUS. Seriously. I was skeptical. I didn't see how the smell was going to make it through all the filters on the machine to get enough scent to me through everything. It was amazing though. Just a light sweet smell. I was able to use my mask for about 7 hours last night. It was a very good thing.

ractar28

Post by ractar28 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 pm

ReginaJ wrote:I used my first sample last night, the french vanilla.
I find that after a few minutes, I no longer "smell" it. Take the mask off or disconnect the hose (bathroom break, talking to kids, whatever), and put it back on... the scent "hits" you all over again -- in a good way. I showed it to my wife and asked if she'd mind if the whole room smelled like that and she's as skeptical about stuff as I am and she saw no issue with it. I more expected "yeah, you have fun with that, leave me out of it".

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm

ractar28 wrote:I find that after a few minutes, I no longer "smell" it. Take the mask off or disconnect the hose (bathroom break, talking to kids, whatever), and put it back on... the scent "hits" you all over again -- in a good way.
This is a common observation. It appears that once the brain figures out that any given stimulus is safe / presents no risk, the brain is very good about shutting off conscious perception of the stimulus (so you can sleep, right?). So this is a good thing.
ractar28 wrote:I showed it to my wife and asked if she'd mind if the whole room smelled like that and she's as skeptical about stuff as I am and she saw no issue with it. I more expected "yeah, you have fun with that, leave me out of it".
Reminds me of a comment on cpap.com: "My wife loves all of the aromas except Spice. So when we have a fight I just load up on Spice and sleep like a baby." LOL
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

Mikosiko

Post by Mikosiko » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:15 pm

BRET: Thanks a lot... mail sent.

Miko

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Bret,

My reluctance to use fragrances was my reactive airways. I was so sure they would throw me into a full fledged asthma attack that I had my inhalers out, waiting for my sample pack to arrive in the mail. I didn't need the inhalers at all. I've told this before but some of the newer members probably haven't heard it... In my zeal I sat down, opened the package, and once I realized I wasn't going to have a problem, began repeatedly opening and inhaling each bottle deeply, trying to decide which one to use that night. Next thing I knew it was hours later and I was waking up still sitting upright in the chair. I felt drugged - I think I overdosed.

I have enjoyed the pleasant scents when I go to bed, though I don't need them for sleep as I am generally asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow. Now if I could get the scents to be time released after a few hours maybe I'd stay asleep better.

Thanks again for all you do to help make this cpap experience better.

echo

Post by echo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Sleepguy,

I put that i would have used it after the 2nd or 3rd night, but only because I'm overly methodical and i want to know how each different thing affects what i'm doing. So i would have used the CPAP on its own before adding the pur-sleep. On the other hand, I do remember that the whole plastic smell was really bad and overwhelming- so I might actually have tried it after the 1st night. Hmmm....can i re-vote??

I think a small sampler with pre-infused pads might be the best way to go? Or those little perfume samplers that they give out, the small but long and thin plastic bottles that hold maybe 1mL or so? Maybe a small sampler that would last 3 or 4 days, plus a coupon for a discount on the first purchase, might be another option.

great initiative!
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

Virtus Velox

Post by Virtus Velox » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:47 pm

I received my replacement package two days ago and have yet to open it, I will and I will use it again. Just kind of slow to get into new stuff I guess.
Main reason I'm writing is to let you know how very much I appreciate your efforts on behalf of we 'hosers'! I will continue to place orders as I need more and to tell others that I find in my recent awakening to this wonderful CPAP world My life is so incredibly wonderful lately, compared to just a short 4 months ago!
Thank you again and may your entrepreneurial adventure be a great success sir.
Virt

new-to-BiPAP2

Post by new-to-BiPAP2 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:52 pm

I would have used it possibly after a few nights or a week. The only reason why I would not have tried it right away is because I has asthma and allergies and I would have assumed it would bother me. I have tried it a night and I don't think it bothered me. I will try it again. The one I tried was the lavender one (peace maybe?) I was amazed at how relaxed it helped me to be. I had problems getting to sleep...but that is a separate issue. Thanks!!!

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:02 pm

IF it had been either lavendar or eucalyptus/menthol I would have tried it. Anything else might get sniffed as I tossed it in the trash.
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

JayC

Post by JayC » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 am

I voted 2nd or 3rd night.....

When starting things new, I try to shift variables one at a time. Being "hosed" anew, first night is already full of change.

Aromatherapy is powerful, and quality/purity of the oils need to be high.... If I didn't have source type info on the sample, I would put off trying it even more nights. Sure, I might sniff at it...but a close sniff at full concentration is nothing like the diffused, night long experience.

Coupon/info to order free sample could work...

When I am back home, I'll put in a sample request and give you feed back on your aromas.....

J
(uses aromatherapy regularly, day and night.....and sometimes near XPAP air intake....)

Volcanomom

Post by Volcanomom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm

I told my RT about PurSleep when I went in to see about a new mask. I gave her the website. She said it sounded really cool, but just hadn't heard of it.

BTW--I got my newly packaged samples - the ones in the perfume bottles. It's GREAT. And by great I mean, I now know 2 more fragrances I will order and two that ARE NOT for me, and have thus saved myself money!

robrdavis

Post by robrdavis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm

I also chose 2nd or 3rd day, but would more likely have chosen 2nd or 3rd week if it were available.

Like others have posted, CPAP being new to me and my being a methodical kind of person, I'd not want to add any more variables than absolutely necessary until I had a handle on things.

For me, coupons would most likely ended up in the "assorted crap" pile and eventually have gone out with the trash, unused. A coupon along with a couple free samples however would definitely not be a waste. It would have gone into the crap pile and then been dug out after trying the samples. I think that samples and a coupon would be a good one-two punch that will land life-long customers. I'd go with a wide range of scents as one person's favorite is on another's "never use" list.

Just my two cents, no change necessary.

ReginaJ

Post by ReginaJ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

I tried to place an order just a little while ago and it wasn't working. Does anyone know if the website is having issues? I tried following the link to their ebay store as well, but it is saying that it doesn't exist. Am I searching for the wrong thing? Pursleep, right?

robrdavis

Post by robrdavis » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 pm