Update on my pressure increase experiment

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
graygables

Update on my pressure increase experiment

Post by graygables » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 pm

First, thank you to everyone who assured me I'd survive and an extra big thank you to the person who posted the instructions on how to change my pressure (I forgot who you were, but THANK YOU!). I bumped it up to 10 (from 9, no ramp, I can't stand the suffocating feeling) and it has made a difference. I don't feel 100% by any stretch, but I'm not hitting snooze on the alarm which is HUGE for me. I also no longer have the stifling, suffocating feel in my nose. I think I'm going to bump it to 10.5 to see if that improves me anymore. I am so grateful for this group that gives me information I can't get anywhere else and the confidence to take charge in my own treatment.

echo

Re: Update on my pressure increase experiment

Post by echo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 pm

That's great to hear!!! Glad you survived too

Just some more suggestions/observations--- I found that for me 0.5cm can make a big difference, so indeed don't make big jumps in pressure. Also, you've heard this a million times before but i'll just say it again, stick the settings for a few days before making another change. And third, i hope your situation gets better and you are able to invest in a data capable machine at some point (don't forget craigslist and cpapauction).

well done and keep at it
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

dsm

Re: Update on my pressure increase experiment

Post by dsm » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 pm

Graygables,

Good news & like echo I hope your cautious adjustments prove really beneficial.

It is great to feel you are in control of your own therapy & getting somewhere.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)