Moderators need some sections

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ozij

Re: Moderators need some sections

Post by ozij » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 pm

goose,
I think people can delete the text of their post, but once theres' been a reply, you can't delete you whole post any longer. Since full posts - have totally disappeared, it seems to me admin have been doing their job. And I'm sure they'll continue.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

jnk

Post by jnk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:13 pm

ozij wrote:. . . full posts - have totally disappeared . . . admin . . .
Either that, or some have been sacrificing their future "report spam" privileges. One or the other.

goose
Location: The left coast - CA... If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!

Post by goose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I hope you're right O.....
I do see the "X" at the top of my posts so that I can delete the entire thing -- and it appears to still be there even after other posts have been made after (I'd have to look again).....However it's occurring, there are deletions going on that make some of the threads appear to be disjointed.....
Take care
cheers
goose

-the Dalai Lama

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Look again pleae goose, you see, I'm giving you a chance.
Because there's no X on mine once someone has replied.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey, I'm concerned a little, I wrote a post earlier today just to confirm my wonderful experience on this forum and asking BB to behave, that he hopefully won't be scaring newbies away who need help with this serious medical condition. Nothing too inflammatory, but it seems it was deleted. Is there a way to find out what happened to it? Is this something the moderators are doing just arbitrarily or could something be wrong with my settings? Never had this problem before. Dori

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 pm

I'm generally on the sidelines for this one. However, I do think it is appropriate to let you know that only 20% of 35,400 registered members have ever posted here. I didn't bother to count those with fewer than 10 posts, but I suspect it would be a lot more. Some of those are surely spam posters, but how many more might be active if they could troll and see the humor, warmth, and help - even for questions that have been asked dozens of times, without the flame wars.

This is a terrific site but even terrific sites can be flawed. Decorum and civility were cornerstones in my youth, as was a handshake your word, and I still live by them. Heck when I was a kid, men wore suites and women fine clothes, hats and gloves to go downtown shopping in San Francisco. I agree that was the stone age compared to today, but losing civility along with the finery social traditions is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It really doesn't matter if a poster has been here since 04 or is brand new. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and should be free to post them and the right to counter post. But there is a right and a wrong way to go about it. I believe with a little restraint we all can do the right thing.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

roster

Post by roster » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 pm

FoxNewsFan wrote:
rooster wrote:Here I am doing the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow noon. Seems appropriate finding this post at this time.

Have fun y'all. I ain't.

Rooster,
That's not your colon, that's your tonsils. I can even see them down there.

Make sure your doctor gets the right hole.

Ed
This post was stunk up pretty bad before I got here so I am going to dig the hole further.

Some here will remember that cpap gives me bad aerophagia. Tonight will be the first night on cpap with a totally empty digestive system. I wonder how that will go? Will there just be a steady hum from the lower vent all night? Will my machine be able to maintain the pressure?

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:38 pm

DoriC wrote:Hey, I'm concerned a little, I wrote a post earlier today just to confirm my wonderful experience on this forum and asking BB to behave, that he hopefully won't be scaring newbies away who need help with this serious medical condition. Nothing too inflammatory, but it seems it was deleted. Is there a way to find out what happened to it? Is this something the moderators are doing just arbitrarily or could something be wrong with my settings? Never had this problem before. Dori
Dori,

Is this it?

viewtopic/t36642/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36 ... 64#p317764

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

CorgiGirl

Post by CorgiGirl » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 pm

OldLincoln wrote:I'm generally on the sidelines for this one. However, I do think it is appropriate to let you know that only 20% of 35,400 registered members have ever posted here.
As an administrator/moderator and member of other large lists/forums, I can tell you that this is pretty common. There are always a few who actively post but most lurk.

In addition, I'm willing to bet that most of those 35,400 no longer access the site. Many people come for a short time, in this case when they begin therapy, but don't stick around. Some forums purge their member databases periodically, removing those who haven't logged in for a specific amount of time (six months or a year, as examples) but I don't know what the policy is here.

I would add that this is one of the most welcoming and warm forums I've been a part of. I don't think we need to work on our general atmosphere, I think we need to ride out this storm and things will go back to normal when our troll gets tired and leaves or is forced to leave by the administrators of the forum....

Machine: Respironics M series Auto with A-Flex
Humidifier: Respironics M series Heated Humidifier
Software: Encore Viewer

nightjar

Post by nightjar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:46 pm

rooster wrote:Here I am doing the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow noon.

Have fun y'all. I ain't.
Rooster, I sure hope what happened at my colonoscopy doesn't happen with yours. I went through the prep, went in early the next day for the procedure. A little more prep (oh, fun), and then just waiting, nearly falling asleep. A couple hours or so later I heard the doctor's voice down the hall, talking to two or three other patients, one at a time. He got to my room, and before he said anything, I asked, "PC or Mac?" He looked puzzled for a second or two, then realized I'd heard him explaining that there was a computer problem--and asking if people could come back the next day.

It really didn't bother me much to go back the next day. Especially when he told me I could have liquids, including a beer, and that I wouldn't have to drink that stuff again (or anything else).

The colonoscopy itself was fine. And the ten pound I lost over two days of not eating much of anything stayed off for a long time. (Unfortunately, that was a year and a half ago, and some things have a way of returning.)

The computer, by the way, was a PC. (Of course, any computer could have acted up.)

Anyway . . . I hope your procedure happens on schedule!

nath

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:47 pm

rooster wrote:Here I am doing the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow noon. Seems appropriate finding this post at this time.

Have fun y'all. I ain't.

I don't envy you in the least. My husband had one of these years ago, and I helped a friend out last year, taking her to and from her appointment for this procedure. They both had a "fun" prep time!

I've never had the experience, and I'm staying away from it as looong as I can.

On a serious note, I pray all goes well for you!

Pam

Songbird

Post by Songbird » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 pm

The "lower vent," Rooster? You CRACK me up. (hee, hee)

Sorry, I've been through colonoscopy prep, and I do pity you. And like Goose, the procedure itself was nothing... a snap. I hope you sleep okay tonight and that all goes well tomorrow.

Marsha
Resp. Pro M Series CPAP @ 12 cm, 0 C-Flex, 0 HH & Opus 360 mask (backup: Hybrid) since 8/11/08; member since 7/23/08
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~ Irish Proverb

goose
Location: The left coast - CA... If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!

Post by goose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Hey O -- been back through some of my earlier posts and the "X" has gone away......you're correct!!!
Thanks!!!
cheers
goose

-the Dalai Lama

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Wulfman wrote:
rested gal wrote:
Wulfman wrote:I think that the bulk of Snoredog's "dialogue" was aimed at MusicMan/BallBuster. And, personally, after watching that little "tantrum" for the last two days......I'd had about all I could handle without blowing my stack, too. MM/BB took jnk/Jeff's post completely out of context and then made a complete fool of himself.......and THAT was uncalled for.
No, Den, the one I wrote came right after I read your post at about 1:30PM today. You inspired me. I do remember saying that besides the offensive language BB was using, I didn't even appreciate his UserName. I also said that Snoredog reminded me of my late father-in-law, who was grouchy and intimidating, lacked finesse at times, but who always gave me good straight advice and loved me even though I had to "tell him off" more than once. I also repeated as I have many times that I came here frightened, overwhelmed, and certain my dear husband would leave me too soon. You all welcomed me with your kindness, wisdom and utmost patience and are still with me today every step of the way. I am so grateful. I don't want newbies to be scared off by this thread, they will find a home here and a way to cope and learn as I am doing. Maybe they'll let this one stay on.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

echo

Post by echo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Songbird wrote:Hokey smokes! If these posts are representative of the warm, tender feelings of Thanksgiving, I can't hardly wait to see what the Christmas season will bring.
Marsha, You read my mind! I was thinking the exact same thing!!!

I'd been trying to avoid these weird threads, but curiosity got the better of me

I think there's some misalignment in the stars...
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!