Q about card reader/need to check my RESULTS

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 am

I usually check my previous night's AI, HI and leak rate manually, by pressing the bottom and right buttons on my machine and scrolling through the clinician's menu.

For the last few days, though, I am only getting the six month results -- no daily, weekly or monthly reports.

What gives? Does anyone know? Is the machine...full? Do I have to clear out "old" data somehow?

Many thanks for any suggestions!
Last edited by MoneyGal on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnoozyWoozyCat

Re: Why can I no longer get my numbers?

Post by SnoozyWoozyCat » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I've had the same problem the last 2 days. I have monthly data but no nightly data. Anyone have any suggestions?

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm

I haven't experienced this problem, but on page 47 of the S8 AutoSet II Clinical Guide, it says:

The S8 AutoSet II stores up to 365 days of summary data and up to five nights of detailed data (up to 500 events per session). The Data Card stores up to 180 days of summary data and up to four nights of detailed data (up to 200 events per session).

Could it be that you've exceeded these limits?

On page 28, Erase Data is listed under the Options Section of the Clinical Menu. It says:

Allows the clinician to erase all data stored in the device (except for Run Hours). Settings are not affected.

Hope this is helpful.

modistee

Post by modistee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Dont know if this is the problem or not but I was messing around looking at my settings and there was a place to change the readings to either daily weekly monthly every 6 months or yearly. Maybe that got somehow reset on yours????

MOdistee

MoneyGal

Re: Why can I no longer get my numbers? UPDATED REQUEST

Post by MoneyGal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 am

Bumping this old thread.

I've now significantly changed my body composition and I want to see if my numbers have changed.

I am not that technologically savvy.

What I need to know is how to get results from my machine. Right now, I can *only* get the 6-month numbers (and I do not know if they are accurate).

If I *just* want to get the numbers like I normally used to by scrolling through the screen, how do I do that? (I assume I have to "empty" the card reader somehow).

I am willing to spend the time/energy to get something else set up (card reader? I hardly know what I am talking about here) but I would need detailed instructions.

Tech-savvy people, please help!

spitintheocean

Post by spitintheocean » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:27 am

Remember, it's the 'down arrow' button and 'right arrow' button that get pressed simultaneously to get into the clinical menu. Is it possible that you have been inadvertantly holding the 'Start/Stop' button with the 'right arrow' one?

Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.
Fran Lebowitz

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:35 am

Do you have the software?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:24 am

Spit: No, I am sure I am holding down the correct keys. I used to check my stats daily (just using the clinician's menu) but stopped because (1) my compliance was and is 100% and (2) my results were always very good numerically and (3) I felt and feel *amazing.* I didn't ever feel the need to buy a card reader and software because it didn't seem like I needed to tweak or fine-tune anything.

ozij: No, I do not have the software, or a card reader. I *could* purchase them but right now I just want to figure out how to get my "regular" former system of checking via the clinician's menu operational again.

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 am

I prefer the Review menu to the clinician.
Press both horizontal buttons (right and left) for 3 seconds. Then start scrolling. Try that.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:33 am

OK, just tried that; it gives me useage data but no results. It does confirm that the data period covered ends on June 21.

So, I'm still stuck. Any more thoughts?

ozij

Re: Q about card reader/need to check my RESULTS

Post by ozij » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 am

Let's try this again:
3 seconds on both horizontal buttons simultaneiously leads you to the Review menu.
A single click on the Left Button under "enter" opens the Settings menu.
Down Arrow opens Results
Left Button click under enter opens Efficacy Data
Left Button under enter opens Pressure
Down Arrow click shows Leak
Down Arrow click shows AHI.
and so on.

For any of the parameters, the left button cycles from day to wk.... to mth...to 6mths to yr... to day.....

Remember, you won't get today's data if you look for it after noon time -- the screen will have cycled in preparation for the next 24 hour period.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 am

Perhaps I should have typed out a longer response. What I meant to say is that following those exact instructions (which I happily did for many months after first becoming a CPAPer) does not give me the data I am looking for.

What I *do* get is: day: no data / week: no data / month: no data / 6 month -- OK, here I get data, but by checking the "useage hours" data I can see that it ends on June 21 (and I suspect that might even be June 21, 2009). (BTW, the 6-month data tells me every single metric is zero, from leaks to episodes.)

I am entering the key sequences correctly. I know how to capture data from the machine. My problem is that the data is not there.

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 am

Is your cpap still under warranty?

davecpap

Post by davecpap » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 am

I agree with KatieW - is it sill under warranty? I have the same machine and I don't know of a setting to NOT record data, which is what your machine seems to be doing.

I know you don't have the card reader or the software, but do you have a memory card? You should NOT store it in the machine, you ONLY insert it when you want to copy the data to move the data to a computer or bring to the doctor's office or medical equipment company. Have you been storing the card in the machine? If you do have a card, insert it and bring it to the doctor's office or DME and see if they can read it. If you don't have a card, ask the DME for one.

MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 am

I have a card, and it is stored in the machine. I ended up calling my DME this morning and I am going to go in there and get the data downloaded from the card (whatever is there), and we will go from there. They aren't going to charge me. I doubt my machine is still under warranty - I am coming up on 2 years now - but I will find out.

You know, no one from the DME ever ever ever talked to me about data, card readers, a data card, etc. I wonder how many of their clients even know there is a card recording data on the machine.

FWIW - I moved my % of bodyfat from about 36% to about 28% in the last 12 weeks. I am continuing on this same path and expect to be at about 21-24% bodyfat by the end of January, which is my goal (that is a "fit" bodyfat percentage). (I get my body composition measured by a pro who uses calipers at 7 sites.)

I doubt I will be able to stop using my CPAP, and I am *fine* with continuing to use it. HOWEVER, I do feel that it is worth finding out whether I do, in fact, need to continue to use it.