PR System One Remstar Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Guest123

PR System One Remstar Auto

Post by Guest123 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm having difficulty finding out how data can be reported with this new machine. I know that it has the SD card which has replaced the credit card size card that was used previously in the M series and older units. Information on the Respironics site and anywhere else for that matter is quite vague on this. The information they have on Encore Pro 2.2 makes no mention of the PR 1 Auto machine on the list of supported products.

If one wants to remove the SD card and download the data to the computer with a SD card reader is that where Encore Pro 2.2 would be used? I have also seen reference to another Respironics program called "Encore Anywhere". This program requires an internet connection where everything is controlled and the program must be enabled by the manufacturer. I'm sure it is not available to the end patient.

My question then is this although Encore Pro 2.2 was listed as the software reporting program required for this machine does it in fact work? Can this program load and generate the data reports from the SD card? I'm wondering if once this program is loaded does it somehow have to be unlocked or enabled by the manufacturer before one is able to generate reports from the SD card?

Has anybody been able to load and use Encore Pro 2.2 and perform downloads from an SD card and generate compliance reports as was done previously with the M series and older machines along with Encore Viewer or Encore Pro 1.?

6PtStar

Re: PR System One Remstar Auto

Post by 6PtStar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Respirionics has not yet made available the patient version of the software for the PR System One. Several have found Encore Pro 2.2 as a Torrent download. It is not to be sold to anyone except Doctors and DMEs. Encore 2.2 for those who have found it has been a real problem to get working. I am not sure whether anyone has gotten it to work on anything except Windows XP 32 bit or maybe Windows 7 Virtural XP mode.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Guest123 wrote:If one wants to remove the SD card and download the data to the computer with a SD card reader is that where Encore Pro 2.2 would be used?
Yes.
Guest123 wrote: I have also seen reference to another Respironics program called "Encore Anywhere". This program requires an internet connection where everything is controlled and the program must be enabled by the manufacturer. I'm sure it is not available to the end patient.
You don't need "Encore Anywhere." Encore Pro 2 is all you need to do downloads from your machine to your own computer at home. No internet connection is involved.
Guest123 wrote:My question then is this although Encore Pro 2.2 was listed as the software reporting program required for this machine does it in fact work?
Yes, it does...with the PR System One machines, as well as with older Respironics machines.
Guest123 wrote: Can this program load and generate the data reports from the SD card?
Yes, that's what Encore Pro 2.2 does.
Guest123 wrote: I'm wondering if once this program is loaded does it somehow have to be unlocked or enabled by the manufacturer before one is able to generate reports from the SD card?
No "unlocking" or "enabling" required at all. You can do your own downloads at home, on your own computer immediately after you install Encore Pro 2.2 on your computer. There could be installation hitches, just as with installing any software, but if you run into a temporary hitch getting the program installed and/or doing your own download, it won't be because a manufacturer or a DME or a doctor has to "unlock" or "enable" something.
Guest123 wrote:Has anybody been able to load and use Encore Pro 2.2 and perform downloads from an SD card and generate compliance reports as was done previously with the M series and older machines along with Encore Viewer or Encore Pro 1.?
I'm sure several have. Perhaps one of them will notice this thread and answer that for you.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

janeysmom

Post by janeysmom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:53 pm

I too have had great success with downloading the data from my System One's SD card and getting reports in Encore 2,2. I just love having the data! It helps me get a better understanding of my treatment. Have fun!
User since January 2010

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm

To the OP. Send me a PM.

packer

Post by packer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:53 pm

yes- works great- sd card is an improvement on buying a card reader for the "credit card' with M series-
though the card and reader worked great for 3 years with the m series aflex for me-
I think the sd card is better--

i have the new software on a couple year old desktop with a built in "multi size" card reader-
installed fairly easily - worked first time and ever since- couple months now

all you do is pop sd card out the PR 1 and into the right slot on computer-

compliance-total ahi , hypopneas- etc etc including waveforms-

I doubt anyone cares as long as it is used for your own info- in other words
you arent trying to make money from it-- just helping yourself-

isnt that actually just how the old encore worked? - it was for DME also I think

nghy

Post by nghy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Beware of downloads of Encore Pro from usenet sites like Torrent etc. THEY CONTAIN VIRUSES.

Since 2008 Respironics has been selling xPAP machines with data systems that cannot be read using the Encore Viewer 1.0 software described on their website and sold through many distributors. I have contacted The Encore Support Group at Respironics and they confirm that Encore Viewer 1.0 will not read the new data format found on the newer machines. Encore Viewer 1.0 software will load on your computer and run. It will go through the motions of reading the card, but then it will report that no data was found. The Encore support people also said that there are no plans to re-write or upgrade this software. This is a very callous big business policy.

The Encore Pro package contains the following warning: " U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by, or on the order of, a licenced physician." I Believe the under lying reason for this federal intervention originates in the ability of the Encore Pro software to change the pressure prescription on your xPAP machine via information that can be written to the smartcard by the software. A fair reading of the cautionary statement implies that one should be able to obtain a copy of the Encore Pro (ver 2.2 is current) with a written prescription from the doctor for that software. I would suggest to anyone that you speak with your doctor frankly, and ask them either to obtain a copy of the software for you, or to write a prescription for this software that you can use. Be aware that some DMEs still may not honor the prescription for fear of jeapordizing their contracts with Respironics. Also beware that your doctor must trust you not to play with your settings.

5ft24

Post by 5ft24 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

I have the Encore Pro 2.2 software and the PR System 1 Auto CPAP. I love it.
Being able to see my own data and generate reports on my data, correlating this with changes in weight etc is helping me really understand this issue.
My Dr. fully supports me being able to monitor myself as well (Hence where the software came from) I have it working on XP Pro 32 bit, Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

dwsupt

Post by dwsupt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

I LOVE my System One! I use the 2.2 software and check my self evry 8-10 days. This morning my average for the last 8 days was .9!!!!! It ranges from .6 to 1.6 over the period. My BP is better than it has been in years. All in 5 months. If that is not motivation to use the machine, then I don't know what is (other than living longer). Feedback is very important.

hayeswildrick

Post by hayeswildrick » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Also looking for a source for Encore Pro 2.2
Please PM me if you can help. Likewise, looking for a clinician's manual so that I can set pressures.

Also, will Encore Pro 2.2 run on Vista?

Jeff

cpapernewbie

Post by cpapernewbie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Hayes,

there is no need for the Clinician's manual to setup. Rotate your PR dial to SETUP and then push the 2 buttons at the same time. The SETUP menu detail will be displayed on the LCD screen and you just click around. Simple... much easier than the M series setup.

Additional Comments: CPAP history: dumb tank, auto, PR M, PR System 1, PR BIPAP, PR System 1 model 60, Resmed S9, Resmed S10, Dreamstation
Resmed airsense 10