Nose Bridge - Nasal mask Options?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jucs

Nose Bridge - Nasal mask Options?

Post by jucs » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I switched to the Mirage LIberty hybrid and keep getting nose leaks. The plastic is too flexible. I don't feel as rested. However, my confort lite 2 no matter what I did gave me nose bridge issues. I used the nasal covers not the pillows that go up the nose.

So, is there a nasal mask out there...not the ones with pillows in the nostrils that people with nose bridge issues have found works for them?

Thanks in advance!

garyland

Re: Nose Bridge - Nasal mask Options?

Post by garyland » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:44 am

I have found that my nose bridge issues can be solved by TIGHTENING the straps on my mask. It sounds counter-intuitive. You would think loosening the straps would be better, but it isn't.

Gary

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:36 am

I never had a problem with my ComfortGel Nasal. The more I use it the more comfortable it gets too!

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 am

I use the comfort get nasal as my primary mask. I use a chinstrap to eliminate mouth leaks. The chinstrap is perfect solution for me. Prior to CPAP i was a prolofic mouth breather. I feel great and have an AHI of 1.5.

Good luck.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 am

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 pm

jucs wrote:I switched to the Mirage LIberty hybrid and keep getting nose leaks. The plastic is too flexible. I don't feel as rested. However, my confort lite 2 no matter what I did gave me nose bridge issues. I used the nasal covers not the pillows that go up the nose.

So, is there a nasal mask out there...not the ones with pillows in the nostrils that people with nose bridge issues have found works for them?

Thanks in advance!
If nasal pillows are out of the question, the only masks I know of that don't go over the nose and don't have pillows are the Oracle (which is a mouth-only mask) or one of the whole-face masks (the FitLife or the Total Face mask).

Otherwise, see Rested Gal's listing of Lab Rat Trophy awards for all kinds of solutions people have come up with (for mask fit or comfort, hose management, and just about anything else) over the years: viewtopic.php?t=15104.

Hope that helps.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.