OT: Skechers Shape-ups

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
samlauncher

Re: OT: Skechers Shape-ups

Post by samlauncher » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:21 am

thats great information i ever got can anybody tell me where are the best sketchers available...
Last edited by samlauncher on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:39 am

Hubby and I both have Skechers Shape-Ups and LOVE them! It takes a little getting used to walking in them, but here's what we found:

Although the soles are chunky and clunky looking, I, a total klutz, actually didn't trip over any of the uneven cracks in the pavement as is usual.
My gimpy knee and hip and neuropathic feet, his damaged achilles tendon and both our aging lower backs are pain-free every time we go for a brisk one hour walk.
The first few times we walked, my glutes, inner thighs and backs of legs in particular were sore - like they'd had a real workout.
DH walks a lot more than I do and was a competitive sprinter - and said his heart rate goes up much quicker with the Shape-Ups compared with the same speed/length/route. He also isn't crazy about the look but feels the comfort and benefit is worth the look.

I'm sure some of the other brands of this type of shoe would do the same thing - we just found these to be the most comfortable when tried on at the store.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,
Xena

roster

Post by roster » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Looks like everyone who bought Skechers toning shoes can get a partial refund:
Skechers agrees to pay $50 million to settle toning-shoe cases

Skechers had been accused of false advertising by the Federal Trade Commission, 44 states and the District of Columbia. Most of the money will go toward partial refunds to consumers.

On Wednesday, the Manhattan Beach company agreed to pay $50 million to settle false-advertising allegations by the Federal Trade Commission and the attorneys general of 44 states, including California, as well as the District of Columbia.

Most of the money will be used to provide partial refunds to consumers who paid $60 to $100 a pair for shoes they were led to believe could give them Kardashian's curves or the slim physique of the middle-age Montana.

"Unfortunately, for the millions of people who bought Skechers toning shoes, the only thing that got a workout was their wallet," said David Vladeck, director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Full article: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-f ... 5080.story
Whaccha wanna bet the customers get $0.1 million and the lawyers get $49.9 million???

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I want my money back! I bought two pairs and all it did was screw up my knees!
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

-SWS

Skechers Stretchers...

Post by -SWS » Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm

I think more than a few corporate marketing departments would be better named "Professional Truth Stretchers". Alas poor business ethics....

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/cases/skechers/index.shtm

As a side note I'm still happily wearing mine based on improved comfort. But my wife had to give up her Skechers for the same reason SleepingUgly mentioned above.

The Choker

Post by The Choker » Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 am

Skechers agrees to pay $50 million to settle toning-shoe cases
Lawyers, millions, idiots.

Who doesn't know that companies hire celebrities like Kardashian and Montana to promote their products because the product is no good??? If the product is good celebrities are not needed - word-of-mouth from ordinary consumers will sell the product big time.

Celebrity promotions are hardly bad ethics - it is an obvious tipoff to consumers to beware that the product is a bum.

If you did not already know this then the $80 you spent for the shoes is well worth it for the life lesson you learned.

If your IQ is below 70 you should get your money back. Everything else is bullcrap.

We live in the greatest country on the planet but nonsense runs in packs some days.
T.C.

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 am

Ah... alas straw arguments with Rooster's plethora of sock puppets.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
roster wrote:
spanz wrote: That is the way your foot was made to run for miles and miles over the last 100,000 years! It is folly to think that modern shoe makers can improve on that!
So spanz, I take it that you are drawing from a generalization that the body is properly created (or evolved) for the activities for which it was created (or evolved)?

If this is the case, would you explain how we have an airway passage that is problematic while sleeping? One passage for eating, drinking, breathing and speaking - not a good design!
Yeah right ask any woman who has birth a baby - Our pelvis wasn't really designed to accommodate that size head.
And yet it has, billions of times...