Nasal Pillows and Higher Pressures?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sheepdog

Nasal Pillows and Higher Pressures?

Post by sheepdog » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 am

Hi there. I use an apap / cpap machine at 20cm pressure. I was told by one of two DME employees that my pressure setting was too much for nasal pillow head gear. The other employee thought it would be fine but was outvoted by the DME manager. The mask I use now leaks and is noisy (for me. might be fine for others. I have a short beard) and I would love to be able to go back to a nasal pillow like head gear like the old adam circuit.

In your experiences and opinion, is 20cm pressure too much for nasal pillows and if not what types of head gear have you tried ? I have read and registered for the product challenges but dont expect any immediate help from that.

Thanks all!
Respironics model 510 Auto Cpap w/ respironics heated humid. 14000 hrs as of Oct 23 2013
Swift LT / Comfort Gel Masks
Set to auto 10-20 cm/H2o setting.

sepool

Re: Nasal Pillows and Higher Pressures?

Post by sepool » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 am

I use the Swift LT on my APAP set from 16-20. It is manageable for me, but it doesn't go up to 20 very often. I too have a beard and mustache. I'd think it would be OK.

It did take a few days to get used to having the inside of my nose under pressure. It kind of inflates it.

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 am

My settings are 10/25 on my Bipap Auto. I have been using the Swift Mirage II Nasal Pillow set up for several years. I also use the OptiLife Nasal Pillow set up.
Tell DME people to pound sand. Being as bottom line is that you are paying for the equipment buy what you want. Not what they want to sell to you!!!!
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

sheepdog

Post by sheepdog » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks all. I went to the auction side and just scored a swift to try!
Respironics model 510 Auto Cpap w/ respironics heated humid. 14000 hrs as of Oct 23 2013
Swift LT / Comfort Gel Masks
Set to auto 10-20 cm/H2o setting.