OSA because of weight gain

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: OSA because of weight gain

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 am

De-Nile will keep you WET, but hope will keep you SWIMMING, until you drown. Jim

I learned a long time ago Doctors aren't GOD's. Results are what are needed.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

terrydk

Post by terrydk » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:28 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:Many people gain a lot of weight BECAUSE they have un detected OSA. OSA can be the culprit behind a lot of other symptoms.
Just accept the fact that there is a non-invasive way to stay alive that does not include surgery or dangerous drugs .
Weight gain due to OSA...http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 071355.htm

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:48 pm

To the OP...I date the start of my apnea to just before the yr I gained 50#s for no apparent reason. I was already obese, so 50 more #s made the apnea that much worse. My doc at the time missed diagnosing...back in the time when "only fat men had apnea" -- never forgiven that doc for not investigating more to find answers instead of brushing off my concern over that wt gain, my intolerance of stress, my loss of resilience, my mood swings, how increasingly lousy I felt. His diagnosis...ready?...normal blood sugar diabetes! I went 10 yrs with more wt gained before diagnosis. As I lose wt, my pressure requirements also go down. My sleep doc and cardio think my apnea is due to my excess wt...time will tell if they're right.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.