Getting the right size mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Maryaz

Re: Getting the right size mask

Post by Maryaz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Good input. Love the frog.

Sunnyway, I will take your word for the full face masks. If I ever have the opportunity I may try one. I never would though if not for reading your posts. Seems like too much for me. Glad it work for you and thanks for sharing.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 am

Out of desperation I tried the FitLife total face mask. I had experienced the sore nose, sores on cheeks, can't keep it sealed, nose pillows don't work because I cannot keep my mouth closed even with very strong chinstraps. So I more or less just considered that it would be a fate to awful to consider if I had to wear a full face mask. To my amazement it had none of the problems I have lived with over the years. Have used it for about 6 months now and there are no sores, it seals well if I keep the straps cinched. the head gear looses its tension every few days and has to be chinched up a bit and quickly runs out of streatch. I am engineering my own head gear. I can even read through the mask, that really surprised me.

Maryaz

Post by Maryaz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks guest for the input. If it ever comes to trying a full face mask, I will keep an open mind. That is two people now that have liked it. Glad it is working for you. Guess it doesn't matter which one we use, as long as we get there.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:44 am

Hi Maryaz. Twice you've said full face when you mean total face. Full face is common, total face is the rare one that I'd like to try too.

Maryaz

Post by Maryaz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Thatmaskedman, Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I really do appreciate it. I have tried so hard to separate them all. It did get confusing. As soon as I read your post, I remember doing it. I never have typed total face. Got it and thanks.

If you never saw a face helmet, take a look at this. This is an attempt to keep a person off the ventilator with no tube down the throat. Non-invasive ventilation. Someone I know used one recently in the hospital. Ultimately she plans to share her experience. I have been on a ventilator and that makes this look good. Talk about full and total face. This is 'the helmet'. NOT FOR SLEEP APNEA. The pdf file here shows better picture.
http://www.starmedspa.com/cgi-bin/file/Allegato2.pdf

This is the website itself. Guess it is termed a Cpap.
http://www.starmedspa.com/en/macro1.asp?macro=2