GET YOUR ***FREE*** ENCOREPRO 1.5V SOFTWARE!!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
neversleeps

GET YOUR ***FREE*** ENCOREPRO 1.5V SOFTWARE!!!!!

Post by neversleeps » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:24 pm

I posted this within another thread, but thought it was big enough news to warrant it's own topic.

This has been a great day! First, I found I could get the new Respironics Encore Pro 1.5v for FREE!!!!! from their website:

http://software.respironics.com/cgi-bin ... ge=[Encore]

It only took 5 minutes and you don't even have to have purchased a previous version in order to download it! I don't know why they're allowing people to get their software for free when it has always cost (at least) $99.00 in the past... maybe it's a mistake and they'll remove access soon...

Anyway, then I downloaded Derek's free MyEncore Beta 15B5 for the EncorePro Ver. 1.5.

Derek, it's amazing you were able to do this so quickly. As always, thanks for your brilliance and generosity!!!!!!

deedster

Post by deedster » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:48 pm

What about the driver file for the 2factors reader? I didn't see the SmartCard Reader driver anywhere in the installation files and I read somewhare on a board not to use the driver that came with the reader. How do you obtain this driver?

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:41 pm

Hi Neversleeps,

Where did you download the beta for 1.5? I need to update mine.

Ted

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:46 pm

deedster, the free install includes the driver file.

Ted, I got it from Derek's post:
derek wrote:I have fixed a problem in the Daily Pressure Plots when using a REMStar Auto (thanks to Bulldoger).

The new Beta version (15B5) of MyEncore for Encore Pro 1.5 may be downloaded from:

MyEncore Beta 15B5 for Encore Pro Ver. 1.5

Please note that this version will only work if you have installed the new Encore Pro Ver.1.5. For earlier versions, please download from cpaptalk.com (see sticky at top of forum)

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Derek

deedster

Post by deedster » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Neversleeps,

Where is the driver file located after installation of Encore Pro, and what is the name of the file? I installed Encore Pro, turned off my computer, and plugged in the reader. The computer detected new hardware, but no driver. Please advise as to next steps to take.

Thanks

biggziff

Post by biggziff » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:04 pm

I suspect that this is an error on their part. If it is an error, anyone downloading and using the software without having paid for it should be ashamed.

kurrykid

Post by kurrykid » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:18 pm

Look at the last post from this thread (from Rested Gal) and download the driver from the link she provides...there is where I got the driver from:

viewtopic.php?t=5296&highlight=sleepymans

biggziff, what is your comment for regarding using the software without paying paying for it??? The company has it as a free download on their website. There is nothing to be ashamed about. In fact, don't you think it would be a little silly to not use it when they are providing it. Let's stay in the holiday spirit for a few more days, at least
Dave

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:27 pm

Drivers for card reader for Encore Pro:

Why not get it from the genuine source???
It's listed as a download option on the lower right side of the screen.

http://www.2factors.com/index.php?sp=&p ... s=&lang=en

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:39 pm

deedster, I don't know why it didn't work, but I did a search and found others had problems too. I looked at rested gal's EncorePro LINKS thread:

LINKS to Encore Pro, "MyEncore", smart card reader

and found this link to the setup.exe drivers file:
"setup.exe" drivers file URL to drivers for the Mako card reader on "sleepyman's" website.

biggziff, I suppose it might be an error on their part, but since it has been released since October 31, 2005, I think that is unlikely. As for feeling ashamed about downloading and using the software Respironics is providing on their website without paying for it.... you've got to be kidding!! What would make me feel ashamed is not sharing this discovery with everyone here at cpaptalk.

biggziff

Post by biggziff » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:51 pm

Morally I can't agree. If I didn't verify that a piece of software that has always been $100 or more to buy was suddenly offered for free (seems unlikely to me) then I couldn't download it.

I can't take more change from a cashier than I'm due either..just me I guess.

This has nothing to do with "holiday spirit". Just expressing my opinion.

dsm

Post by dsm » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:11 pm

biggziff wrote:Morally I can't agree. If I didn't verify that a piece of software that has always been $100 or more to buy was suddenly offered for free (seems unlikely to me) then I couldn't download it.

I must confess I assumed you were joking. Then to discover you weren't leaves me mystified.

All the protected software I deal with has either a license agreement or a key. This has neither ?

Cheers

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:32 pm

I downloaded it as an update to the 1.4 that I purchased from Cpap.com and never realized it was a full version. The page says update so I took it for that.

biggziff

Post by biggziff » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:12 pm

dsm wrote:
biggziff wrote:Morally I can't agree. If I didn't verify that a piece of software that has always been $100 or more to buy was suddenly offered for free (seems unlikely to me) then I couldn't download it.

I must confess I assumed you were joking. Then to discover you weren't leaves me mystified.

All the protected software I deal with has either a license agreement or a key. This has neither ?

Cheers

DSM
Me too, but this one doesn't. They use distribution (or have) for access control. Again, it's my opinion, but it seems very odd that they just decided to give it away. Seems more likely to me that it was posted by mistake. I'll find out when they respond.

biggziff

Post by biggziff » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:13 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]I downloaded it as an update to the 1.4 that I purchased from Cpap.com and never realized it was a full version. The page says update so I took it for that.

kurrykid

Post by kurrykid » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:03 pm

Trust me, if they wanted to charge for the software, I think they could build it into the download.

I don't know why they posted it out there but to say that just because previous version costs money, we shouldn't use this one, is just plain silly...can't see the reasoning with that at all.

I have always paid for every version of software I have used and this would be no different. However, to sit there and say that I should be morally obligated to pay for something that is free is a very........(sorry I have no words here)!

I have always given back the extra change I receive from a cashier as well (In fact, it happened to me twice in one day recently) but please help me understand why downloading something from the manufacturer's website that THEY have posted is morally wrong?

Even though it "seems unlikely to you", it is true...it is available for free from the manufacturer.
Dave