Problems with Forum

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tschultz

Problems with Forum

Post by tschultz » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:31 am

I've tried to post responses to a couple of threads, and also tried to create a new thread and have had problems since last night.
I keep getting internal server errors. Is anyone else seeing this?

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

tschultz

Re: Problems with Forum

Post by tschultz » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

This new thread was created OK, so I went back to respond to another thread and promtly got the following;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:41 am

I'm no computer geek but I just wanted to let you know I haven't seen that error message on this forum with either my windows or Imac machines. Sounds as if it's on your end maybe. When I run into something like that I restart whichever computer I'm on when I see the message and 9 times out of 10 it self-corrects. I noticed you said "last night." Are you continuing to get that message today and have you re-booted between last night and now? That's all the computer expertise I have - sorry. I mainly wanted you to know your post had been seen and could be responded to. Good luck.

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

I saw this and no response errors for a little while last night. I had no problem accessing other sites and http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ said the site was reachable. Most likely, there was a server problem between us and the board.
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:45 pm

I've seen that error message a few times. If it happens two or three times in a row, I just wait ten minutes or longer and try again. Usually is ok then. I figure some forum maintenance was going on, but I really don't know.

If I try to edit one of my own posts that already has a link to a .pdf , and I'm trying to add another PDF link into it, I get that same error message. It seems I can't ever edit the post until I quit trying to add an extra PDF link. I have to either abandon trying to add the additional PDF link, or write it out in a way that doesn't create a link.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:01 pm

tschultz wrote:I've tried to post responses to a couple of threads, and also tried to create a new thread and have had problems since last night.
I keep getting internal server errors. Is anyone else seeing this?
Yep. But, I don't have a definite answer for you. Some years back they updated the forum software. Prior to that, there were some instructions I had previously posted for getting into and changing the setup configurations for some of the older Respironics machines. After the update, I could no longer post them and kept getting those error messages......so, I ended up having to post links to some of my old posts where the were previously listed.
My conclusion is that there is some "content" in the posts that's no longer acceptable to the newer software, but I've never been able to figure out exactly what it is.

Den

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 am

I'll see if this works now...

Aside from this original post, other times I have been unable to post a reply or start a new thread.

To try and eliminate things on my side, I tried from different computers and different browsers. I even tried a post without logging in and kept getting the serve error. This makes me pretty sure the problem is within the forum software itself. Perhaps something breaks when I try to respond to the original thread and then does not quickly recover thus preventing further posts for some period of time.

If the post is OK then of course I have been able to respond to this thread at least