Calling All ZEO Users, Past and Present

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
josh816

Re: Calling All ZEO Users, Past and Present

Post by josh816 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 pm

justbreathe wrote:How did that ZEO work out for you? I am toying with the idea of add one to my bedroom toys....

Now have VPAP, two masks, pulse-o2 monitor, and massage oil....
I love my Zeo and it helps keep me accountable to practice good sleep habits. Occasionally there are things that remind me it's not 100% accurate (a couple of times I've had "REM sleep" as I'm reading before I even fall asleep), but I see clear differences when I make certain changes (Xyrem, oral appliance, CPAP, etc.).

They sent an email the other day that they have a special going on currently with free shipping & 60 Day No Risk Trial- $99 for Zeo Mobile and $149 for Zeo Bedside http://myzeo.tellapal.com/a/clk/2SxFll. I only wish they had offered the Mobile version and lowered the prices before I made my purchase ($200!).

moresleep

Post by moresleep » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Does ZEO have any competition with which to compare it?

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:52 am

Thank you for sharing this, Josh. I've just ordered the Mobile app, since I'm interested in experimenting with the amount of caffeine I use to see how it's affecting my REM sleep. Will post my experience once I've used it.

Debbie
josh816 wrote:
justbreathe wrote:How did that ZEO work out for you? I am toying with the idea of add one to my bedroom toys....

I love my Zeo and it helps keep me accountable to practice good sleep habits. Occasionally there are things that remind me it's not 100% accurate (a couple of times I've had "REM sleep" as I'm reading before I even fall asleep), but I see clear differences when I make certain changes (Xyrem, oral appliance, CPAP, etc.).

They sent an email the other day that they have a special going on currently with free shipping & 60 Day No Risk Trial- $99 for Zeo Mobile and $149 for Zeo Bedside http://myzeo.tellapal.com/a/clk/2SxFll. I only wish they had offered the Mobile version and lowered the prices before I made my purchase ($200!).

josh816

Post by josh816 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 am

needzzzzs wrote:Thank you for sharing this, Josh. I've just ordered the Mobile app, since I'm interested in experimenting with the amount of caffeine I use to see how it's affecting my REM sleep. Will post my experience once I've used it.

Debbie
josh816 wrote:

Debbie

Great, let us know when you get it and how it works! One thing that I didn't mention in my earlier post, but should have....the online journal lets you keep VERY detailed information and you can then use that to look at trends, sleep stealers, etc. Lately I haven't been good at this...but I recommend that you FORCE yourself to spend 3 minutes a day to update the data, check off your #s for the day, and then enter some info in the diary section. These are priceless later when you are looking at your data and trying to figure out what caused the changes.

In addition, the coaching program provides tips and tools that are customized based upon your initial baseline period. Some of these have been very helpful in reducing stress as I try to go to sleep. I'd strongly encourage that you follow the coaching program and let them help you improve your sleep.

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 am

I realize how valuable it is to keep good records (I'm using an iPad app called "Sleep Diary" at the moment, which has been forcing me to do this), but it's kind of clunky to use on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to having a Web-based app that will tie in with my actual data to further look at patterns.

Thanks, Josh!
josh816 wrote:
needzzzzs wrote:Thank you for sharing this, Josh. I've just ordered the Mobile app, since I'm interested in experimenting with the amount of caffeine I use to see how it's affecting my REM sleep. Will post my experience once I've used it.

Debbie
josh816 wrote:

Debbie

Great, let us know when you get it and how it works! One thing that I didn't mention in my earlier post, but should have....the online journal lets you keep VERY detailed information and you can then use that to look at trends, sleep stealers, etc. Lately I haven't been good at this...but I recommend that you FORCE yourself to spend 3 minutes a day to update the data, check off your #s for the day, and then enter some info in the diary section. These are priceless later when you are looking at your data and trying to figure out what caused the changes.

In addition, the coaching program provides tips and tools that are customized based upon your initial baseline period. Some of these have been very helpful in reducing stress as I try to go to sleep. I'd strongly encourage that you follow the coaching program and let them help you improve your sleep.

FeelingBetter

Post by FeelingBetter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 am

If you go to the website http://www.myzeo.com they are $99. I had never heard of this so I looked it up. Does anyone know if will monitor central apneas or only REM?

josh816

Post by josh816 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:46 am

http://myzeo.tellapal.com/a/clk/2SxFll

$99 for the Zeo Mobile and $149 for the Zeo Bedside. Plus free shipping and money back guarantee.

They aren't designed to track apneas. On the display, it will only show you if you're awake for at least 2 minutes. If you export the data, you can see it on a 30 second basis. But it is a great tool to get an idea of how deeply you sleep, how your sleep changes with various factors, and how fragmented your sleep can be.

Wonka

Post by Wonka » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

How do you export the data to get 30 sec data?

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Wonka wrote:How do you export the data to get 30 sec data?
After you upload it to the website you can export/import it to a spreadsheet. Then you have to manipulate the data some to display the chart.

josh816

Post by josh816 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Lizistired wrote:
Wonka wrote:How do you export the data to get 30 sec data?
After you upload it to the website you can export/import it to a spreadsheet. Then you have to manipulate the data some to display the chart.

When you're logged in at mysleep.myzeo.com, there's an Export Data link (right under Manage Your Data button). Once you click on that, you get an option to export a CSV file into Excel. There's also a link http://mysleep.myzeo.com/export/Export% ... 0Sheet.pdf to a PDF that details how to export and understand the data.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks Josh, I couldn't remember where I found the instructions to display the data.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I want to write an importer for this in SleepyHead.

Could I perhaps get a copy of someone's exported CSV file?

I've played with it before in Python, but I don't have the data anymore.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Sure, Pm me an email address and I'll send you mine.
Not alot of days on it but it's pretty accurate aside from putting me in REM when I first go to bed.
Jay probably has the most data if you need alot.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Jedimark, This will give you an idea of the consistancy of the data. It shows what I mean by starting out in REM, and why I wear my mask!

Last edited by Lizistired on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jazzer4

Post by jazzer4 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Order a Zeo on Friday....but they still charged the postage even though the site says Free Shipping Till Dec. 20th.

I sent them an e-mail about the charge. I put it on a M/C and there was no way to avoid the shipping charge when ordering it.

I wonder if Cyber Monday will find it cheaper than the $99.00.

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest
Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best