need machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
danmc6

need machine

Post by danmc6 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Feeling miserable as my cpap has seen it's years. I need help replacing it as I've been off work for a year and no insurance. Does anyone know of organizations who may help me. thanks dan in ohio.

archangle

Re: need machine

Post by archangle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome to the board.

Please sign up for an ID and fill in your profile with your equipment.

What type is your old CPAP machine, and what's wrong with it?

You might find a good price on a used machine on craigslist.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Try AWAKE, the organization for truckers. I think they have an application for qualifying for a machine on their website, and don't know what else, if anything, has to be done to receive a free one or one for low cost. Also check Thrift stores, as sometimes they have these turned in. I don't think the CPAPs ever make it to the sales floor, and I don't know what they do with them. Maybe they donate them somewhere and they could refer you. Second wind dot com and our host also have used machines you might be able to afford. Check the CPAP auction listings here on this site (scroll up), but you will need a copy of your prescription, hopefully you have it at home, but if you don't, try to get it from the Dr who ordered your CPAP. Craigslist is usually another place to look, but sometimes they want way too much for an old machine. There have also been a couple of posts here on the board of people who have machines they want to donate or sell. I haven't been a member of this board long, and don't know how to search for a topic, but perhaps someone can advise you. Those posts were a little while ago, so may no longer be available. Good luck!!!

Pressure 6-10 cm

ycartf

Post by ycartf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 pm

I have a Resmed S8 "Compact" (no frills, no data) that still works. It has 5778 hours on the motor, has the humidifier, and is all clean. It was still working fine when I stopped using it (to use ones with data) a couple years ago. I'm willing to let you have it for free if you'll just pay shipping. Sorry about your situation!

"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor." Job 11:18, 19
http://www.tracystruesoaps.com (Handmade Soaps)

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 am

ycartf, you're a good person.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 am

Theres also cpapauction.com, secondwindcpap.com, Craigslist and Kijiji. Good luck in you quest for a new machine.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

rested gal wrote:ycartf, you're a good person.

Indeed, he is.

Tracy, it's nice to see you posting, again.

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

ycartf

Post by ycartf » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 pm

OutaSync wrote:
rested gal wrote:ycartf, you're a good person.

Indeed, he is.

Tracy, it's nice to see you posting, again.

Thanks, but honestly I'm an average person at best haha (the whole "there is none good, no not one" thing). I have been guilty of not posting (or really even coming on the forum much) because everything has been rocking along fine with my therapy. I did have a period of using anything from a couple Melatonin to (prescribed) Lortab and/or Ambien to get to sleep and rest peacefully. That was during May and the first part of June when I was in a cast with a broken right foot (and a sprained left one from losing balance with cast on) and it made it harder to sleep well (bulky cast, pain from injuries, etc), but I am 100% now. I actually popped back on a few days ago to ask if anyone else had experienced what I had with reference to using a FFM and the possibility of it having caused a "lump" inside my lower lip (see post).

Restedgal, I know without a doubt you are still dispensing a wealth of greatly useful information to folks out there and I thank you for that!

OutaSync, I hope all is going well with you and your family. I am still amazed at how much you favor Sarah Palin girl (even prettier)! Our daughter didn't end up going to China after all due to the school they were going to visit being raided, dismantled, and everyone not from China being deported. They are having to meet in houses and different locations now (my what we take for granted). They went on a mission trip to Scotland though, and she enjoyed it immensely (although she still has a great burden for China).

Sorry about sort of hijacking this thread danmc6, I'll send you a bar of my homemade soap with your machine to make up for it

Take care and y'all sleep well!

Tracy

"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor." Job 11:18, 19
http://www.tracystruesoaps.com (Handmade Soaps)

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Tracy,

I've been told that about Sarah Palin before In fact, the night it was announced she was running for VP, was the first time I ever saw her. I got emails from several people that she looked like me. Mostly, people just tell me that I look familiar and they can't remember where they know me from.

My sister moved my mother from Alabama to the Pennsylvania care facility where her sister lives because she kept falling down and she couldn't get up to call for help. She's doing well there, but she misses all of her church friends in Enterprise.

I'm sorry to hear that certain places in China have not changed much in all these years., My great Aunt Hilda was murdered when her shchool was raided during the Boxer Rebellion and years later, my father's sister was taken from her school and held by the Japanese in a Chinese concentration camp. The rest of my family escaped. Your daughter would have loved to hear my mother's stories of her many years in China. I may have told you that my father and grandfather were born there.

I did read about your lip problems and my tongue went immediately to feel my lips where the mask presses so hard that I feel the circulation is being cut off. No thickening spots. I hope you don't get it again.

Sleep well,
Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

danmc6

Post by danmc6 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 pm

This forum in so little time has helped me so very much. A few rough nights ahead but reliefs on its way. I'll visit here often for the support and wealth of information. Thanks Tracy and everyone who responded to my aid. Dan