how to fit zeo under a face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
georgepds

how to fit zeo under a face mask

Post by georgepds » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi

Been using cpap for a while without problems

I noticed some use the zeo ( advertised as the zeo personal sleep coach). Can some one give me a clue as to how you fit it under a face mask. I use a nasal mask, and the top of the mask rests on the forehead just where the zeo should be positioned

TIA

--George

DocWeezy

Re: how to fit zeo under a face mask

Post by DocWeezy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Hmmm.....I'm not quite sure how you'd get around that problem.

I use a Zeo (and love it!), but my mask is a Swift LT, so nothing interferes with the Zeo. I put the Zeo on first, then I put my mask on because the mask headgear helps keep the Zeo sensor in place (slippery hair).

Have you tried contacting Zeo and see if there is any alternative place you could put the sensor? I've found their customer service to be very responsive to questions.

Alternatively, if you really want to use the Zeo and you're already using a nasal mask, have you thought about switching to a nose pillow mask like the Swift LT or FX (or any number of other pillow masks that don't have the forehead piece)?

Weezy

josh816

Post by josh816 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:12 pm

I've been able to use the Activa LT with Zeo...it's certainly not sexy, but both get the job done.
DocWeezy wrote:Hmmm.....I'm not quite sure how you'd get around that problem.

I use a Zeo (and love it!), but my mask is a Swift LT, so nothing interferes with the Zeo. I put the Zeo on first, then I put my mask on because the mask headgear helps keep the Zeo sensor in place (slippery hair).

Have you tried contacting Zeo and see if there is any alternative place you could put the sensor? I've found their customer service to be very responsive to questions.

Alternatively, if you really want to use the Zeo and you're already using a nasal mask, have you thought about switching to a nose pillow mask like the Swift LT or FX (or any number of other pillow masks that don't have the forehead piece)?

Weezy

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Can you tell me what is zeo?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:Can you tell me what is zeo?
Gadget to tell you when you are asleep.
http://whatiszeo3.myzeo.com/da/home-num ... QgodrCCK5g

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 am

Good morning, George.

Here's what I did. I have a Mirage Quattro Full Face mask. I believe the harness is the same as yours. In the harness, I put the Zeo transmiter and sensor pads, where the forehead portion of the mask would go discarding the Zeo head band. That holds the Zeo very nicely to the forehead. On the quattro, I removed the adjustable forehead piece which leaves just a straight up vertical piece with a hole good for attaching things. I fashioned a wire clip from a paper clip to hold another band to the vertical piece, took the old soft forehead cushion, cut off one of it's ears and used the ear as a buffer between the Zeo transmitter and the Mask. Now I put the harness on, the Zeo is against my head, the top part of the mask rides on the Zeo with a new band around my head to hold it in place (it doesn't have to be very tight), and the bottom mask clips to the harness as before.
With your tilting headpiece, your might be able to put the Zeo on with it's own headband, tilt the mask forehead piece away, and wear it attached normally to the harness right over the Zeo.
I haven't had my Zeo long, maybe 6 weeks, but I'm finding it to be another useful tool in analyzing what's going on during my sleep. I plan on posting a report soon.

Hope this helps,

Jay

Last edited by Jay Aitchsee on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

georgepds

Post by georgepds » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:49 am

Thank you all for your help

To my surprise, I got the zeo last night and took it for a spin. It stayed on my head for about 4 hours. it produced some useful information.. I'm looking forward to keeping it on all night

--G

georgepds

Post by georgepds » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm

FWIIW

I found a page on the zeo site that describes how it works

http://blog.myzeo.com/5-steps-to-phasing-sleep/

guest17

Post by guest17 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 am

I took strap completely off my zeo than slid piece of double sided velcro(from an old laptop charger cord) between the zeo sensor pad and zeo device. Then velcroed it right to forehead cushion of cpap mask.