Where to buy a cheap Quattro FX?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Paul Van Dyk

Where to buy a cheap Quattro FX?

Post by Paul Van Dyk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi. I'm looking to buy a cheap Quattro FX. I need to buy one without a prescription. I looked on secondwindcpap and it's $185!!! That's expensive for me. Where else might I look? Can I get everything I need on Ebay without having to screw around with buying it in different pieces? Thanks.

Might anyone have one to sell me that isn't worn out?

Lastly, are there different parts to it that come in different sizes?

Thanks!
Paul Van Dyk, M.S.

- have worked in healhcare for well over a decade...

moresleep

Re: Where to buy a cheap Quattro FX?

Post by moresleep » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:38 pm

You'll find some new ones at cheaper prices on AllofCraigs.com.

b360155

Post by b360155 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Agree, AllofCraigs.com has new ones for $125. The mask comes in different sizes and also has 3 different size headgear as well (S,M,L). CPAP.com has some fitting/sizing guides and information. If you buy on Ebay, you have to buy parts, they can't sell complete masks on Ebay without a prescription. You can find most of the components on Ebay although the plastic mask portion doesn't show up very often. I'm doing a one week trial right now with the Quattro FX from CPAP Library. It's a pretty good mask but I don't know if I want to switch from my Resmed Liberty hybrid mask or not.

Paul Van Dyk

Post by Paul Van Dyk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Ok thanks. I'm switching from my Liberty hybrid. I'm just gonna try something else. Haven't been all that impressed with it.
Paul Van Dyk, M.S.

Paul Van Dyk

Post by Paul Van Dyk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:08 pm

So what is allofcraigslist? I did a search and all it seems like it did was bring up a google results page with craigslist ads from other cities. What good does that do me? Do craigslist people send stuff from out of state now like ebay?
Paul Van Dyk, M.S.

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Can't help on the mask itself, but once you have it, if the cushion wears out or goes soft on you and the rest of the mask and headgear is still in good condition you can replace just the cushion for $54, saving you from having to buy the whole thing over again. http://www.directhomemedical.com/resmed ... -mask.html
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

b360155

Post by b360155 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:31 am

Paul Van Dyk wrote:Ok thanks. I'm switching from my Liberty hybrid. I'm just gonna try something else. Haven't been all that impressed with it.
You might want to check out the CPAP Library 1-week trial program. It allows you to try out any mask that they have in inventory for 1 week for only $14 fee to cover shipping and handling. I just finished my trial with the Quattro FX size medium and am thinking of possibly purchasing one. It's a good mask although I did have one evening that for some reason I couldn't get a good seal at the top of the mask and ended up switching back to my Liberty mask in the middle of the night. Except for that one night though, I got some really good results. I just put in a new trial request with CPAP Library for a Quattro FX in size large so I can determine which size fits me the best.

I just heard about AllofCraigs.com recently and it does appear that it's kind of like a Craigslist search engine of some sort. I live in The DFW area of TX though and the guy that is advertising new masks at discounted prices happens to be in Dallas. Good luck!

b360155

Post by b360155 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 am

ameriken wrote:Can't help on the mask itself, but once you have it, if the cushion wears out or goes soft on you and the rest of the mask and headgear is still in good condition you can replace just the cushion for $54, saving you from having to buy the whole thing over again. http://www.directhomemedical.com/resmed ... -mask.html
If you have experience purchasing on eBay, you can find new replacement face cushions for a Quattro FX for about half that price.

Paul Van Dyk

Post by Paul Van Dyk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:36 pm

b360155 wrote: You might want to check out the CPAP Library 1-week trial program. It allows you to try out any mask that they have in inventory for 1 week for only $14 fee to cover shipping and handling. I just finished my trial with the Quattro FX size medium and am thinking of possibly purchasing one.

So can I do this without a prescription? As my original post states, I'm not going that route. Thanks.
Paul Van Dyk, M.S.

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:04 pm

b360155 wrote:
ameriken wrote:Can't help on the mask itself, but once you have it, if the cushion wears out or goes soft on you and the rest of the mask and headgear is still in good condition you can replace just the cushion for $54, saving you from having to buy the whole thing over again. http://www.directhomemedical.com/resmed ... -mask.html
If you have experience purchasing on eBay, you can find new replacement face cushions for a Quattro FX for about half that price.
That's awesome, I'll have to check it out, thanks.
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

b360155

Post by b360155 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Paul Van Dyk wrote:
b360155 wrote: You might want to check out the CPAP Library 1-week trial program. It allows you to try out any mask that they have in inventory for 1 week for only $14 fee to cover shipping and handling. I just finished my trial with the Quattro FX size medium and am thinking of possibly purchasing one.

So can I do this without a prescription? As my original post states, I'm not going that route. Thanks.
The CPAP Library trial program does not require a prescription. It is more of a CPAP educational site and they offer the mask trial program for you to try out different models of masks without having to buy them. They do not sell masks however.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Paul
Finding a mask that is priced right takes some effort, just get on the internet and look. About the only place you don't need an Rx is craigslist. Every DME will need one. The cpap library masks cost you $14 for shipping and you get to keep it for a week then must return it.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.