Question about generic adapt sv filters.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Guso

Question about generic adapt sv filters.

Post by Guso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi.

I have a resmed vpap adapt sv machine. It came with "ag industries" filters. At first I though they were original but after reading the manual I realized they weren't.
The manual says to put the tinted (blue) side facing outside, but my filters are white and yellow. The yellow side faces the outside.

Anyways one of the corners of the filter is cut so the filter only fits in one position.
But there is something that seems wrong. The side (tinted) facing outside is the MOST DENSE while the side facing inside is the LEAST DENSE.
It doesn't make sense to me. The least dense side should be facing outside so it can block big particles while allowing air to pass easily.
If the least dense side is facing inside (the way it fits correctly) then it does nothing, and worse: the most dense side can become blocked easily by big particles.
I have seen pictures of the original filters in the internet and the blue part seems to be less dense.
Is it possible that "ag industries" has made a mistake?. (The plastic bag cleary states vpap adapt sv)
Should I force the filter inside out?
Maybe I should discard them and buy the real thing. (But legally they should work fine I guess)

moresleep

Re: Question about generic adapt sv filters.

Post by moresleep » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:11 am

You are probably right. I have a Resmed Adapt (backup machine) and the filters I got for it have a blue-tinted side that faces outside. The white side (facing in) has a thin layer of more dense material. My filters don't fit very well either way, though. If you can mash the filter in and put the cap over it, I wouldn't worry too much about fit. Just replace it now and then