cpap auction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reefdreamer

cpap auction

Post by reefdreamer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey wanted to sell a full face respironics mask and the auction did not work...how do we sell now? have not been on here in a while...thank you

LSAT

Re: cpap auction

Post by LSAT » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Auction is no more

moresleep

Post by moresleep » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:10 pm

You can post it for sale here, and on Craigslist. Probably will do the job.

humdinger1

Post by humdinger1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 am

Hi
In response to your auction question, I have a brand spanking new REMstar Pro C-Flex + I would like to sell. What are the legalities of this?
Moved from C-Pap to Bi-Pap only to discover the reason NOTHING was working and all machines were ineffective was due to the fact that septum is deviated 50% on the right and 40% on the left. After three sleep studies and two idiot ENT's (one did not even look in my nose) the third slipped the tube/scope into my nose etc. and said "How do you breathe?" I said " I breathe through my mouth. I always have".
The third ENT told me I had a simple fix. Surgical of course but I would no longer be a mouth breather and be able to breathe through my nose.
So anybody know what this device is worth? Can I legally sell it? I saw someone recommended Craigs List. Thanks for any info.
Humdinger

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 am

I sure wouldn't want to sell it until after I had the surgery and another sleep study to confirm I no longer needed the machine.

Many of us have had our deviated septums fixed only to find out that we still have sleep apnea so don't be so sure it is going to fix your sleep apnea.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 am

Here's hoping the surgery is as successful as you hope.
I, too believe that you do not want to burn any bridges until a full assessment is made post-op.
You may still have apnea, but you could have more mask choices--or greater comfort.
Whatever the outcome, think positive--but wait to sell.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 am

I agree with NOT SELLING!..I had a deviated septum repaired and several polyps removed and it made no difference in my CPAP use. However, prior to the surgery I did not have breathing problems.