Frustration getting Smart card reader!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Frustration getting Smart card reader!

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:44 am

Hi, I registered at the Hong Kong website that sells the Mako 3500 sliding SCR for $24.00. I logged in, told it to 'buy' 1 reader, and then it took me back to the login pg. I logged in again, but instead of taking me anywhere to complete the transaction, it just took me back to the pg of readers. I've written the co. twice asking for help, but they haven't answered. Any idea where I go from here? Thank you.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:58 am

Julie, if I remember right, it is confusing. I had the same go around and around.

I think, when you buy, there is a page to register or sign in. You actually have to put your name in both the left and right sides on one screen.

I know that sounds confusing - especially if it wasn't the 2factors site that I'm remembering. Sorry if it isn't.

Keep trying.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:00 pm

Oh and Julie, the respironics site no longer has the "free" download for patients. There were another couple of places that had the downloads available - if they are still functioning.

You may end up having to purchase the software.

Bob...

Post by Bob... » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi Julie,

They are definitely having problems with their website. They are usually pretty good at getting back to you, except when I ordered mine, it was Chinese New Year

Just keep trying! Remember when it is 12 Noon on the west coast it is 4 AM the next day there!

Bob

Julie

Frustration with Smart Card Reader

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:53 pm

Hi, I have the software (Linda), and all I need is the SCR, but will have to wait til the a.m. here (east coast) and think about calling them if I haven't heard back. Thanks anyhow.

roztom

Post by roztom » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:58 pm

I just got mine delivered today. Took 10 calendar days from Honk Kong.

I went thru the same thing when I tried to order. It kept taking me back t the log in page.

Log in once, place your order -make sure you order the one including postage ; appx $30.80

After you hit order it looks like i ttakes you back to the log in but look further down for another page.

It will take you to a confirm order page and then to Paypal or whatever payment you are using.

Good luck - It's not a Chinese firedrill.

Tom
"Nothing To It, But To Do It"

Un-treated REM AHI: 71.7
Almost All Hypopneas
OXY Desat: 83.9%

Trying To Get It Right

Aswab

Post by Aswab » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:19 pm

I just rec'd my reader after less than 10 days but I had the same problem because I was using Firefox. Soon as I used IE it was fine.

David
O.G.S.D.K.

Julie

Frustration getting SCR

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Tom, thank you, I'll try that right now!

Julie

Frustration getting Card Reader

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:27 pm

Thank you everyone for helping! I placed an order (after 'Removing' 2 extras that had somehow taken) and will now await my SCR. Thanks again.

roztom

Post by roztom » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:30 pm

Great News!!! That site is weird to navigate.

Glad you got it on order.

Tom

"Nothing To It, But To Do It"

Un-treated REM AHI: 71.7
Almost All Hypopneas
OXY Desat: 83.9%

Trying To Get It Right

raymort

Post by raymort » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Linda3032 wrote:Oh and Julie, the respironics site no longer has the "free" download for patients. There were another couple of places that had the downloads available - if they are still functioning.

You may end up having to purchase the software.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): respironics

Can you remember where the other sites are that has the free software?? and can you let me have the URL

dvejr

Post by dvejr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 pm

Linda,

I'm very new here myself, having joined after Respironics closed their software update site to non-professionals.

I got the impression from the posts I read several weeks ago that I was encouraged to buy the sotware from Cpap.com and then get updates, as they became available, from the Respironics site. I think some people were hosting the file because they believed it was (still) available for free from Respironics, so no harm no foul.

We might want a group policy on where to go from here. Many of us have the software, so it could continue to be available for free here forever. But should it?

Doug

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm

Raymort, I have sent you a PM. I hesitate to post a site because it might get deleted (one disappeared recently off another post). I believe you can still download the software at the site in my PM to you.

good luck

VerySleepy

Mako 3500

Post by VerySleepy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:12 pm

I attempted to purchase the 3500 reader from Two-Factor. The only shipping option I came up with was $50 for FedEx. Not only that, but it said "...this is the only shipping option available."

So I ordered the whole package from cpap.com. Was tempted to try a generic reader from eBay but was talked out of it by other posters in this forum.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:34 pm

I just got mine today from them as promised. Their website can be a bit quirky, but they have much improved it over what it was before.

1. They ONLY accept PayPal as payment.
2. when you order create an account, if you use a different email address in that account information, include the PayPal account address in the comment box.
3. Select HK Post as shipment method (unless you like throwing away $50 for FedX).
4. The website took me to PayPal where I Sent money in the amount of $31.80 to 2factors.

It showed up today delivered US mail. Package was sent from Hong Kong Airmail. I ordered on 6/28, it showed up today.

About a year ago I tried ordering one with a credit card, order was lost a couple times, I gave up. I think someone was running around Hong Kong eating lunch off my card. It got cancelled. But using PayPal it went right though this time.